• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon SIII: March, Unigine Heaven , Xtreme Preset

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Not with 800MHz CPU clocks :p - Peeps, take the ss with the right cpu speed!!!!

...nor those GPU clocks... yeah. That isn't right considering you are 1K points higher with ~400Mhz less core speed. LOL!

Yeah I know eh/ I don't think I've ever had heaven glitch like that before. Just doing runs trying to dial in clocks for the competition and seeing how the 980 does underclocked. It's weird, the 3D part is a score range on one of 6 possible benches. First to the post with the closest score gets the most points. Something different to me that's for sure.

points still waiting then! tesselation can make a good difference in score

johan, I thought we were supposed to run it as preset, so i can turn off tesseation on ati cards?

But will i get a valid result with it off? Wth I will try and see. Also Florida is heating back up :mad:

Okay so.... I'm happy so far. All stock clocks with tess off and a couple other catalyst tweaks. If it is valid I will be rerunning tonight with a little more points on the way. I do read the rules but I just didn't want an invalid score running around. So tess on here we go now!!

wwwow.PNG

Still a no go delvos.

I can't run the new Omega driver, which includes the Virtual Resolution... (because it doesn't play well with X-Fire)

This is what I get after it runs in fullscreen mode. Running the Xtreme preset you get in the hwbot application.
heaven.PNG

I ran Heaven itself, and it gave me a score of ~3347 for my 270x...

Okay so.... I'm happy so far. All stock clocks with tess off and a couple other catalyst tweaks. If it is valid I will be rerunning tonight with a little more points on the way. I do read the rules but I just didn't want an invalid score running around. So tess on here we go now!!

View attachment 160751

ITS VALID. :)

Look the hwbot rules for the bench.

Heaven is reading max display resolution and then it sets the same max res in benchmark ( regardless of drivers etc ). Best is to have 1920x1080 monitor but sometimes lower res monitors are also working.
Couple of days ago I was trying to run heaven xtreme on GTX980 and 1080p display but heaven was still showing that I have less than 1680x1050. On Win8 it was working fine but can't make results on this system.
Generally heaven is still bugged in some places and current version is really old. There is still bug with localization and when I install Polish Win7/8 then I have to manually change country, language and local options to US or UK or it's crashing. Even when I change everything then benchmark is freezing after 2-3 stages at black screen ( this actually depends from graphics card and sometimes drivers ). This was one of the first problems with this benchmark but hwbot never fixed it.

@devlos
Here is link to benchmark list on hwbot , simply click rules button next to benchmark and read rules.
http://hwbot.org/benchmarks/
We've already told you more than 10 times that you can disable tessellation for every hwbot benchmark and you still aren't sure.

When something is on the rules list then hwbot staff won't block your result.

In overclocktagon are the same benchmark rules as on hwbot unless there is other info in the 1st post ( and it's not ).

Last edited:
Yepper Blaylock, you,ve already passed some and all the SS boys. Keep rocking it man.

Makes me wish I had WB's for my 7950 and 7850's. I'm still learning this 3D benching thing so we'll see where the cards fall. Thanks everyone, especially those that have posted their tips and tweaks...and the few that I'm been PMing lately. You know who you are. :salute:

For about $50 you can get a generic block, that's what I've got.

Back