• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon SIII: March, Unigine Heaven , Xtreme Preset

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Makes me wish I had WB's for my 7950 and 7850's. I'm still learning this 3D benching thing so we'll see where the cards fall. Thanks everyone, especially those that have posted their tips and tweaks...and the few that I'm been PMing lately. You know who you are. :salute:
Whats even more badass is you're doing it on an AMD Fx cpu

Great job Blaylock!

I gave the GTX460 a run last night (on air) but couldn't match your score.

Capture1080.jpg

Whats even more badass is you're doing it on an AMD Fx cpu

That's what I was complaining about last month. AM is more of a system bench where UH seems to be nearly pure GPU. I still have 3-400mhz CPU left and my memory will overclock a bit too, though it wont let me drop my CAS to 8(fails to boot). I haven't tried 1T yet but I've seen others in the same ballpark as me running it so it's viable. We'll see I suppose. Not sure if I can get that last 30pts I need to get the bronze but I'm going to try for it this weekend.

I would really love to. My wife's been off work since September and should be back in another month. [fingers crossed]. So that's going to be the major deciding factor. I'm keeping an eye on your thread and if the stars align properly(and you have room for another) then I'll shoot you a message.

Nice one metal, brought you up to third at the Bot. :thup:

Heaven is reading max display resolution and then it sets the same max res in benchmark ( regardless of drivers etc ). Best is to have 1920x1080 monitor but sometimes lower res monitors are also working.
Couple of days ago I was trying to run heaven xtreme on GTX980 and 1080p display but heaven was still showing that I have less than 1680x1050. On Win8 it was working fine but can't make results on this system.
Generally heaven is still bugged in some places and current version is really old. There is still bug with localization and when I install Polish Win7/8 then I have to manually change country, language and local options to US or UK or it's crashing. Even when I change everything then benchmark is freezing after 2-3 stages at black screen ( this actually depends from graphics card and sometimes drivers ). This was one of the first problems with this benchmark but hwbot never fixed it.

So it's not me, it's the bench...

That sucks :(

I can't even display that res..
1400x1050 is the max I can do.

The bench seems to default to 1680x1050 for the Dx11 Xtreme preset, which I can't run.

I guess I'll have to join you guys for next month's benching, and forgo Heaven :(

The native resolution is 1680x1050 and if your monitor isn't capable of running that res you won't be able to run the bench.

I have a 1920x1080 monitor and run the desktop at 2560x1440 with the "dsr settings" in nvidia control panel. I know you are running an AMD card, but I believe they have something similar to that. I also believe that there is some loss in efficiency in doing this. But is should at least let you run the bench and get the learning and fun out of it

Devlos / 290x / 1 / water / 4332.821

image_id_1356879.jpg

I hope it works out S_P!!

I just flashed a new bios on 290x so I might have some more room with the ram now we will see.. soon! Already higher stock clock and ram but 1C lower temp on gpu.

Devlos / 290x / 1 / water / 4382.858 Bot Link

image_id_1356902.jpg

This is the settings I used

catysettings.PNG

What is the hardest video card benchmark??

Last edited:
I have a 1920x1080 monitor and run the desktop at 2560x1440 with the "dsr settings" in nvidia control panel. I know you are running an AMD card, but I believe they have something similar to that. I also believe that there is some loss in efficiency in doing this. But is should at least let you run the bench and get the learning and fun out of it

Yep, AMD calls it "Virtual Super Resolution"

It's in their new "Omega" drivers, which I can't use because it hates my crossfire setup, and driver crashes were pissing me off.
Stuck with the older 14.9 drivers until things get better, so no Virtual Super Resolution for me :(

Some very nice runs going on and congrats on the 460 Blaylock hope you manage the third place soon.

Ajay.

Back