• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon SIII: March, Unigine Heaven , Xtreme Preset

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Johan45/2x R9 290/ CFX/ AIR/ 5147.068
I'm all ears too Witchy, tesselation is off and for stock cards maxed out. I gotta figure out how to mod then now.

290 hev11 5147.068.JPG

So you have R9 290 ... even 2 ... that's new :)
I was looking for R9 290X but current prices are sick... even more than usual. At the end of last year I could get slightly used R9 290X for about $280, now I can't find anything below ~$350.

Last edited:
Only so much you will be able to do with a reference board baring having a gold sample core.

I would milk them for every boint then sell them off or toss them in a gamer

So you have R9 290 ... even 2 ... that's new :)
I was looking for R9 290X but current prices are sick... even more than usual. At the end of last year I could get slightly used R9 290X for about $280, now I can't find anything below ~$350.

The 290s came from the world tour competition and I wish the prices were like that here.

Only so much you will be able to do with a reference board baring having a gold sample core.

I would milk them for every boint then sell them off or toss them in a gamer

That's the plan, have to sharpen some skills with VBE see if I can get some volts and raise the power target a bit anyway.

I made a slight improvement over my last score.
Johan45/2x XFX R9290/CFX/ Air/ 6072.9

hev11 6072.9.jpg

It's 2 cards and they are a pain to bench together, Not sure if it's because of the new bios I flashed.
Is this stock or what ? ... go bench it right and don't come back before 7k :p
But really it seems you got really good GTX980. Mine can't even reach 1580MHz on water :(

I see these are 2 cards. Did you try how is overclocking 2nd card ? First one looks great.
What BIOS are you using ?
I don't know if it's my card or something in general but for me was much easier to oc GTX970 ( even 2 or 3 cards ) than the GTX980.

it is a pain for me with the gtx 970's thats for sure. the clocks are way down vs a single
xp doesnt even offer me an sli option. so I am fighting that for now

They are both STRIXX flashed with the normal bios I got to over clock them. Going to work on them some more today. Have to build driver for France and start repacking all my stuff.
I see these are 2 cards. Did you try how is overclocking 2nd card ? First one looks great.
What BIOS are you using ?
I don't know if it's my card or something in general but for me was much easier to oc GTX970 ( even 2 or 3 cards ) than the GTX980.

Keith, are you moving to France? If so good luck with the move

Blaylock / HD 7950 / AIR / SOLO / 2367.434

Best I could do on this one. She just don't like a high memory OC.

(The bot appears down at the moment. I'll try and re-submit in the AM I guess. G-Night!)
2367.434.PNG

Back