• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where to find a "good" computer desk

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tech Tweaker

Been feeling like my desk is a little too small lately, and thinking about getting something bigger at some point.

My current desk is 60" (L) x 30" (W) x 29.25" (H)

Problem is, I don't know what brands are good manufacturers for computer desks. And I don't know where to find good brands/models of desks.

I looked at newegg, but was disappointed by their selection. Most of what they have seems to be smaller "task" desks made for a single monitor, keyboard, mouse, and desktop PC. That just really won't suit my needs, as I've got three monitors, speakers, and a test bench set up on my desk.

Main reason for looking is that I'd been considering upgrading to bigger monitors (something in the 22-24" widescreen range). Problem is I currently have a 22" widescreen, a 19" widescreen, and a 19" 4:3 on my desk, and no room to fit anything larger (I literally have all three monitors butted up next to each other with no room in between).

Any help would be appreciated.

Look at the display models to get an idea of build quality. A good desk should not flex noticeably even with a heavy load and should not move much when pushing on the side. Solid wood is a plus, but also a lot more expensive.

Go down to your local used office furniture store. I bought a used steelcase "L" shaped cubicle unit for $800. Love it!!!!! It is pretty big but it fits nicely in my home office.

Or keep your eye on local ads like craigslist. I bought a used oak desk for my son from a guy who was going out of business for $60.

Last edited:
Back