• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with CPU cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EmbraceTheHate

Running a G3258, i want to do my first ever overclock to it. Before i start i want to get a quality cooler that i can trust. Ive seen a few i like but im still unsure as which one would be the best.

Heres my list

Deepcool gammaxx 400
Coolermaster 212 evo
Artic Freezer i11
Rosewill 92mm

I really like the last two for the price but im open to go $10 more if needed. Also im kinda worried about fitment. Ive read some coolers block RAM slots.....

212 EVO will do more than enough for your G3258.
If you're planning to upgrade to an i5 or i7 and keep the OC, look for a used NH-D14.

No fitment issues with the evo?? Thats why i didnt buy it right away. I read some reviews that it didnt fit or blocked ram slots. Also is the plus model really any different??

EVO is better than Plus.
If it covers a RAM slot it doesn't matter, you're using 2 DIMMs. Just use the pair further from the socket.

How do i look in the classifieds on here? Id love to find a used one of those.

Need 100 posts and a valid email (ISP, .edu, or .mil).

Plenty of places you can look besides here though.
OCN, eBay, [H], TPU, etc.

Well i got a new NH d14 on ebay for $70 shipped. Not to happy because i didnt read how much he was going to ship it for. O well i guess its still $5 cheaper then newegg.

You'll be much happier with the Noctua than the EVO :thup:
Better build quality, (much) quieter fans, and you'll be set for OCing an i5 or i7 later :)

Cool im excited. Im still not sure which cpu i will upgrade to yet. Got this G3258 for a learning experience lol

i kinda wanna tell the seller where he can stick his 18 bucks shipping cost but whatever.

Back