• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with CPU cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
As oughta be, for 3x the cost.

2x for ETH, just saying.
I paid $55 for my D14, then sold it for $60 about 2.5yrs later.

Cool im excited. Im still not sure which cpu i will upgrade to yet. Got this G3258 for a learning experience lol

i kinda wanna tell the seller where he can stick his 18 bucks shipping cost but whatever.

Speaking from experience, it'll be ~$15 to ship.

I normally go with CoolerMaster V6GT but as they are not made anymore the NH-D14 is a good choice, both have 6 heatpipes for great cooling.

Will I have to pull my mobo out of my case to install this behemoth???

Nice board :comp:

Z97S-SLI-KRAIT.jpg

It depends on the MB and the MB tray in the case, the pic below shows my AMD MB and 2 of the mounting holes for the cooler is blocked, so I have to remove the MB if I need to remove the cooler, Intel may be different.

DSCN0392.JPG

Sorry never saw this post til now haha. Ya i have big opening in the back on my case. PLENTY of room.

Thanks i got the motherboard at frys, I really like how easy it is to OC on this board. Plus all the help on this forum!

Cooler will be here next week, i cant wait!!!! Ive already got my cpu at 4ghz on the stock cooler, runs very cool. Maybe thats because i have 4 120mm fans in my case LOL

Just did some more research, i have low profile ram so it will clear easily!!! Thank GOD!!

Last edited:
I like the grounding mat, don't see too much of those in the forums. :thup:

I rebuilt my laptop on carpet sitting cross legged on the floor LOL
Said carpet floor is where I always sit to build computers, actually.

Got her installed
DSC_0074.jpg

Stock cooler handled 4ghz, i ran a stress test before i installed the Noctua. Hottest it got was 79c. Installed the Noctua and the hottest it went was 55c!!! Idles around 33c.

It is a little louder and i may install the quiet adapters but im not sure. Clears everything nicely, even my ram.

Got her installed
DSC_0074.jpg

Stock cooler handled 4ghz, i ran a stress test before i installed the Noctua. Hottest it got was 79c. Installed the Noctua and the hottest it went was 55c!!! Idles around 33c.

It is a little louder and i may install the quiet adapters but im not sure. Clears everything nicely, even my ram.

Looks sweet :thup:, are you going to upgrade it to i5 or i7 or leave it as is?

Back