• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

would 2 cards be better?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pimpanther

i am currently the proud owner of a Asus r9 270 Direct CU OC and wonder if 2 of these cards would be better in sli than one r9 280 [they are now so cheap].whats he best bang for my buck/ do i sell my present card and get a bigger one or get two.i got a 4670k 4th gen i5 on a gigabyte sniper M5 micro atx board.with 8gb of kingston fury 1600mhz ram

I'd sell what you have then get a better single card. 2 270s Will beat a single 280/280x though. Look for a 290.

I'm with earthdog, but avoid a reference cooler, the cards are fine it's just the fan noise, like a 747 in the back yard and then, of all things, it dumps some of the heat right back in the case.

I asked that same question last week. Crossfire can double performance but can also stay the same in some cases. Its also takes some time to setup correctly.

I have basically the same card you do. I oc'd the core all the way up from 955 to 1120. the memory from 1400 to 1500. Had a noticeable increase in performance. I used msi afterburner to oc. Thats one way you could increase your performance a bit.

If you have the money and are willing to upgrade id go the for the 290 as well.

I'm with earthdog, but avoid a reference cooler, the cards are fine it's just the fan noise, like a 747 in the back yard and then, of all things, it dumps some of the heat right back in the case.
I thought the reference blower exhausted all of it outside the case... Or at least the vast majority anyway...

I

i am scoring 4957 on futremark firestrike with GPU clock at 1100 and gpu voltage 1245 wwith gpu memory clock at 6000,im thinking of doubling my mmeory as iv been using up to 75% at times.[8GB kingston ury black edition 1600MHZ] willl that help score or should i increse the MHZ of my memory kit? iv herd it doesnt make a lot of difference unless OC

Back