• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ocing my G3258 with MSI krait z97

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ok my input was at 1.9 so i upped it to 2.0. and tried at 4.5ghz. Im speed reading the guide, most of it ive already read.

EDIT: That didnt last but 5mins

Last edited:
Can someone explain what uncore is. I dont have the setting "uncore" in my bios. I cant really go past 4.4 without it crashing even with 1.45v.

Uncore is also known as the cache frequency. Lock it to 42X, sounds like your motherboard is locking it to the CPU frequency when on auto and that's causing your instability.

Alternatively, you can increase the uncore voltage.

So what i did was leave everything auto except core and voltage. Core was at 4.5 and 1.45v ran p95 all night. Never crashed. Is 1.45v to much for everyday use??

Hmmm this thing is a pain

I'm saying to put the cache to 42X, not the core.
Im gonna do this try to run lower voltage.

My overclock settings do not have that. So i took some pics of what im seeing. Sure would be nice if all the mobo company would just call it one dang thing

DSC_0081.jpg
DSC_0082.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I just really cant achieve 4.5ghz within a comfortable voltage. I backed it down to 4.3ghz on core 42x on ring and 1.3v. Runs ALOT cooler as well. P95 testing overnight. Im a little sad i couldnt get it any higher, ive read some people are getting 4.5ghz with only 1.25v. I guess mine isnt a golden chip :(

Thanks for all your help guys, i learned alot and will continue to read into it a bit more.

You shouldn't need to touch the ring voltage, even at 42x.

Yeah, sounds like it's not a great overclocker... Bleh!

Back