• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OK quality, but loud bluetooth speakers?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

torin3

I recently got this portable bluetooth speaker http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16855546001

Not a bad little unit, but I work around 30 CNC mills and lathes. While wearing hearing protection, I can barely hear this at all when I'm right next to it at max volume.

Does anyone have a suggestion for one that has quite a bit more volume available that is around $30-40? I'm ok if battery life sucks, as I should have access to power most places I'm planning on using it.

Thanks!

Do I understand that you work in an environment that is so loud that you have to wear hearing protection, but you want to make it louder still?:shock:

No, not louder, just change the quality of the sound from random noise to music or podcasts.

I wouldn't buy a solitary speaker myself but personally would suggest the goalzero rock out 2. The non bluetooth version is $60 and this one is $130. Apologies if price is too high but you might want to look into ones that aren't bt to save money.
www.goalzero.com/mobile/p/210/rock-out-2-solar-rechargeable-speaker/

Unfortunately, that is a bit rich for something that someone might walk off with. (This is where someone threw away half of my wired speakers a month ago)

I'm thinking possibly this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=0ZK-0203-00005

Looks like it might have physically large enough speakers cones to be loud enough.

Can't wear wireless noise cancelling headphones?

Nope...

[sarcasm]That wouldn't be safe...you couldn't hear the fire alarm if it went off...[/sarcasm]

I wear them when I work on the weekend. (Soft foam earplugs /w headphones, though not noise cancelling.)

The weekend supervisors don't have a problem with it.

Other than appearances, I don't see a difference between what I do on the weekends, and what goes on during the work-week. They can have radios blaring and wear hearing protection, but not supra-aural headphones and hearing protection.

I've considering getting circumaural hearing protection with built-in bluetooth, but I'm afraid after spending $100+ on it, they would tell me no anyway.

Back