• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need some help with my video card geforce 8600gts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eaglepi

I'm trying to get the most stable geforce driver for my system. I just did a fresh install of my windows 7 ultimate 64 bit. I downloaded what was said to be a win7 64 bit drive from nvidia for my 8600gts. when I tried to install it I got a error message saying something about this is not a 32 bit something. My system is win7 64 bit ultimate my video card is GeForce 8600 GTS, could someone that knows what they are doing please help me get the best stable driver.

I will check back often as I really don't have everything installed email etc.

You probably DL the 32bit driver? Make sure you are selecting the right card and right version of the driver.

I did.... that is why I asked for help in here. Maybe someone can point me to the right driver for my system and card. I don't want the newest just the most stable one

Could really use some advice on which NVIDIA version to setup onmy system

I just had to do a fresh install of my win7 so now I am using the default graphics settings. I have in the past downloaded NVIDIA downloads. I would like to set up a stable version not the latest and greatest version. I have 285.6264 bit whql and 296.10, I also have 340.52. To honest I don't remember why I downloaded these, I can only assume that they were latest updates at that time. Out of the ones I ahve saved already which one would be the most stable version, I'd rather have a stable version than a new and wonderful version, I don't do any gaming.

which one would you suggest I use for a stable display or is there one I don't have that is better. please remember when suggesting, I don't need or want the most new powerful,greatest version, I just want a stable version that will run without any issues.

I doubt using what I am now with the win7 install is the best one I could be using?

Thanks for any and all help

Back