• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory ram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pedromvg

Hi Guys need some help, l have a mobo Msi970a g46 overclock so when l put a memory stick l got 3 long beeps it means A failure has occurred within the first 64 KB or memory.

Memory I'm using:Samsung
1x2GB, DDR3, 10600MHz, PC3-8500,ECC, Unbuffered, CL9, 240-pin, DIMM, 1.5V

Thanks

Can you test the stick in another PC?
Is your current system overclocked?
Do you already have a stick in there and ADDED this one?

Please give more details please... :)

Hi EarthDog
I tested in other PC and is fine also l tried another memory stick(corsair 4GB 1600MHz CL9 DDR3 Vengeance) in all the slots and nothing , the same 3 beeps

Mobo: Msi970a G46 overclocking
Processor:amd fx 8350 4.0ghz
Power supply: corsair CX600
Memory ram: corsair 4 GB 1600MHz CL9 DDR3
Graphics card:Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTS 768MB

PS The

The mobo is new bought 2 years ago just decided to built now mobo LEDs all on, l done resetting of cmos nothing.

Thanks EarthDog

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi
Sorry to be a pain,the problem is the mobo does not boot how can l flash the latest bios .
Seeing the specifications l wrote it before can you recommend me a new mobo it could be compatible to just in case l can't sort it out .
Thanks for trying to help me .;

I thought you had a working stick(s) and upgraded...my fault!

The problem may be in the board not recognizing the CPU and not the ram sticks themselves (since they work in a different PC). As I said, that board really is not capable of running an 8350 in the first place (125W limit on that board). So perhaps its time to get another motherboard that can handle it instead...

If that issue, it could, yep.

I would get a different board though and keep that processor personally.

Back