• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Command Center Multi-monitor setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jhockman

Hey!

I came across this forum doing some research for setting up multi-monitor with multi-computer control and was wondering if any of you had any experience in this. I am quite proficient with computers and multi-monitor setups, but I have never setup anything that allows multiple computers to simultaneously control multiple monitors. We have 6 techs with laptops and 26 monitors at the command center and want to be able "grab and drop" desired information (screen share really) onto whichever monitor we want to use. Obviously the functionality is what we're looking for not the execution I just described.

I have found plenty of server based solutions that rely heavily on expensive hardware, but we are looking for a more hardware light solution. Like an Android device on each monitor that runs an app that can be accessed and controlled by any computer running a specific app that talks to the apps on the android devices. We could design and build this app ourselves, or something similar, but if there are existing solutions why reinvent the wheel?

Anyone have experience with this? Any help would be very much appreciated! Thanks!

Maybe look into the application synergy?

At least I believe that is what it is called. A coworker showed it to me (god... 10 years ago...) and he was able to move his mouse and control multiple monitors from multiple computers (went from his windows computer to his mac computer, etc)

Ah okay excellent. I will check that out and see what I can do with it. Thanks!

If that was 10 years ago that's a pretty good memory haha. That certainly looks like it's what you described. It's promising for sure, but we'll have to see if it will fit in with our vision or not. Thanks again for the suggestion. I do a bit more digging and see if we can use it.

Thanks again!

Back