• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI GTX 970 NEED HELP!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AfricanHalo

Registered
Installed a G10 and an H55 cooler on a Msi Gtx 970 and made sure everything was correct but when i use msi afterburner and use kombuster the temp goes up to 90 degrees what can be the issue?

Kombuster...an unrealistic load. What does something like 3d mark get temps to?

Are you sure the pump is running? Even with kombuster I don't think it should get that warm...

Thanks for the quick reply im pretty sure its working since its brand new and also on crysis 3 for ex it goes from 40 degrees and then climbs all the way to 80 - 90 degrees but then I turn it off before the card gets fryed

I have an msi 970 and with fans on auto and running kombuster it only gets to 72 or so

Pretty sure? Be absolutely sure.

How is it connected?

Moved to nvidia gpu section instead of general cpu...

Is your GPU throttling down at 90c? It should be underclocking if you're over your temp target. It sounds like your block isn't seated properly, I would reseat the block if you're sure your pump is working.

I would check the mount as well. you want to see an even patern in the thermal paste on the block.

Thanks for all the help guys for some reason the pump wasn't working in one of the mobo headers so idk about that but the pump is now working

Back