• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Titan X

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have no idea why they called it a Titan if they restricted DP performance unlike the other cards in the series, but it also seems to restrict space for a possible 980TI (which was the main difference between 780TI and Titan Black AFAIK)

I don't know that everyone should be going goo goo and gaa gaa over 12GB VRAM. Looking at the tests, nothing suggests that it's helping, even at 4k.

I have no idea why they called it a Titan if they restricted DP performance unlike the other cards in the series, but it also seems to restrict space for a possible 980TI (which was the main difference between 780TI and Titan Black AFAIK)

Not at all, this is the last of the 28nm chips

My guess is Xmas 2015 we will see the 980Ti on 14nm's , and it will be a bad A$$

Until then the Titan X will be the top nVidia solution

How it stacks up the r9 390x will determine it's success.

For now all world records are going to be challenged. :eek:

I'm surprised we haven't seen vinbo come out with something yet...either be didn't be at any records(yet) or the evga monster isn't ready for primetime.

Last I recall though, there weren't many(any?) AIB Titans last go around...?

I would think he is working on it as we speak :)

Sure the power on these is suspect at best, Thinking we will see some guy's using add on power boards soon enough :eek:

Not at all, this is the last of the 28nm chips

My guess is Xmas 2015 we will see the 980Ti on 14nm's , and it will be a bad A$$

Until then the Titan X will be the top nVidia solution

How it stacks up the r9 390x will determine it's success.

For now all world records are going to be challenged. :eek:

So I am guessing the price of the X may be cut if the 390X is as fast as the leaked benchmarks say it is. Seems like a lot of money to invest in something that could be replaced on such a short timescale.

Hard to speak for the gaming community, however faster = world records, so the benching community will embrace this cards, at least the top guys who do not have to pay for them

Me, I am holding out to see where the 390x lands, if a flop I am waiting out the Ti, if formidable I will grab one

No, because I'm waiting on 390x AND when I checked my sock drawer there was only $998.99 dangit! :cry:

There are 30 or so subs already on the bot with the Titan x :eek:

Wow it says it needs 24gb system memory and 48gb recommended.

"INCLUDED IN BOX:

GeForce GTX TITAN X
Quick Start Guide
Registration Card

MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:

PCI-Express-compliant motherboard with one dual-widthx16 graphics slot
One 6-pin and one 8-pin PCI Express supplementary power connector
Minimum 600 W or greater power supply
300 MB of available hard-drive space
24 GB system memory (48 GB or higher recommended)
Microsoft Windows 8 and 8.1, Windows 7 or Windows Vista"

I don't recall ever seeing a system RAM requirement on a video card before.
24 Gigs min is huge....... and a little obscure of a number considering that triple channel is dead.

Maybe it is for research and page filing of the VRAM over? I mean it's a multiple of what the VRAM amount is? :shrug:

No, because I'm waiting on 390x AND when I checked my sock drawer there was only $998.99 dangit! :cry:

There are 30 or so subs already on the bot with the Titan x :eek:

Wow it says it needs 24gb system memory and 48gb recommended.

"INCLUDED IN BOX:

GeForce GTX TITAN X
Quick Start Guide
Registration Card

MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:

PCI-Express-compliant motherboard with one dual-widthx16 graphics slot
One 6-pin and one 8-pin PCI Express supplementary power connector
Minimum 600 W or greater power supply
300 MB of available hard-drive space
24 GB system memory (48 GB or higher recommended)
Microsoft Windows 8 and 8.1, Windows 7 or Windows Vista"

That's odd, it says 2GB minimum (4GB recommended) on their user manual for the card:
http://www.nvidia.com/content/geforce-gtx/GTX_TITAN_X_User_Guide.pdf

Maybe that was in response to their marketing snafu with the 970? They said we better require more than we need, just in case! :p

Back