• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

msi gt70 gtx 670 i7 laptop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yzfspecvr6

One night I turn it off. It's always left plug in and it would not turn back on. No power at all.

Took it to a shop they said it's either power button or mobo.

Took it to a friend he took it apart and said power button is fine. And he doubt it's a mobo because my laptop should no sign of failure.

He said it's either the power supply or battery.

He said some laptops won't turn on without a battery because I did test that and no luck is my friends theory right should I waste money on a new battery???

My power supply test 19.4v. So I don't think it's my power supply.

Any ideas please I'm computer less right now.

Any ideas please I'm computer less right now.

Not totally it seems. :)

All joking aside, some have reported that the center pin of the adapter or the socket in the laptop itself have broken. I've had that happen on other things before and it's relatively easy to fix if you're good with a soldering iron.

If you can find a battery for it that's already charged, that would somewhat point to the issue.

Well the thing is it is always plugged in I wasn't having a problem charging. unless I didn't notice and it just died on me. I'm not sure I just wanna know if it's possible a dead battery could cause this laptop to not turn on

Back