• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Force WCDMA on LG G3 (ATT)?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Niku-Sama

I used to be able to do this by doing the *#*#4636#*#* in the dialer to bring up the testing page. I cant do it in 5.0 now...
it still comes up but when I try to go to phone info it gives me a "error" which in actuality its a note with a error message in it because I can see the page up behind that "error"

any way does any one know of a way to get that function back at all, by app or what ever, to get the ability to manually force it from LTE to HSPAP? (GSM to WCDMA?)

I know its an odd thing to ask but at work I don't get a very good LTE signal in the building, its 2 bars and not loading a thing and I'm not the only one. when I was able to force it to WCDMA I would get 4 or 5 bars and could stream HD video if I wanted to....major change.

any no I don't get charged a fee for using another tower or signal

I don't know if this helps, but I found it on XDA.

Yes I have found a way. This is with the d850 model so it may be a little different

1. Download the application Shortcut master found here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.vndnguyen.shortcutmaster.lite

2. In the application, press the menu button and select "secret code explorer"

3. Look for the option that has "com.lge.hiddenmenu.updt.UnitedDebugToolReceiver" and press it then press explore

4. Next look for RAT_Selection with the description under it as "com.lge.hiddenmenu.lte_only.RAT_Selection. This one is about 60% of the way down the menu. Don't get it confused with the one that says wcdma in the description.

5. Once that's launched, Select Wcdma or CDMA only. Wait for it to connect, then select LTE only, wait for it to connect then select the multimode option of whatever network you're on (AT&T: GSM/WCDMA/LTE auto VZW should be CDMA/LTE auto)

6. To confirm no specific LTE band is selected, back out of that menu, then scroll down to "BandSelection" Do not go to "LteBandSelection" it will give you the wrong options. Once in the menu, it should say none selected and you should still be connected to LTE.

Just don't switch back to LTE after it connects on WCDMA maybe?

I've come back and tried and tried that one, says something along the lines of it not existing even though its in the list...

oi

I have an xperia z3 and att. In wireless and networks, mobile networks I have network mode screen that looks like this. Mine is a world phone and unlocked so results may vary phone to phone.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-03-21-20-35-04.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-03-21-20-35-04.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 1,884
I don't know if this helps, but I found it on XDA.

Just don't switch back to LTE after it connects on WCDMA maybe?

well, it does not work for me... whenever i press launch after clicking the com.lge.hiddenmenu.lte_only.RAT_Selection option i get this error

"/data/data/org.vndnguyen.shortcutmaster.lite/cache/run[2]: not found"

And one more thing... my phone is lg g3 d850 at&t on lollipop 5.0.1 and i am not in usa.

somebody help me please... thanks in advance

Back