• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dead mobo (prolly?)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Itachiii

Hey guys, I'm having a problem with the rig in my sig which from what I can tell is a dead mobo but I wanted your advise. So, the pc was alive till this morning. I tried to turn it on in the afternoon but.. nothing! I thought it was my psu at start since it's 5 years old. I took everything apart and checked the PSU with a multimeter. Every single voltage on the 24 pin and the 8 pin were peachy. While I had shorted the 24 pin i was getting fan movement but by the time I hooked it on the mobo everything goes dark again. I press the switch and nothing happens. I short the pins on the movo in case the power switxh went sour, nothing again! Any thoughts?

If the PSU checked out, and you tried shorting the power pins on the board and still had nothing, I have to assume it's the motherboard. However, I've never heard of a board just suddenly refusing to do anything either. There are no lights or anything indicating a possible failure? Do the fans spin up at all?

In this specific mobo there is a clear CMOS button on the back which is lighting blue as usual. This thing has happened in the past 1-2 times and removing the battery was solving the problem. It doesn't work this time though. Yea, that's why I'm banging my head coz I havent seen any mobo simply not doing anything either.

A dead motherboard doesn't do anything. Have you seen a dead mobo? :p :)

Usually they were giving me an error code or something :p There was no post but fans etc would spin. This time nothing.. That's what i mean :p

Back