• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water cooling 2 x R9 290X

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MaddMutt

Dear Gentleman,

Is it better to run to the 2 video cards in parallel ( 2 links between cards) ???????
Or is it better to run them in a series ( 1 link between cards) ??????

Thank You For Your Time
In Reading And Replying

I'm confused by your post, what do you mean between one or two links? If they are all in the same loop regardless, the water temperature will regulate for all intents and purposes and it doesn't really matter the loop order.

I like GPUs in series even though one GPU will run cooler than the other. If ran Parallel, they both will run almost exact temps but run warmer than in series.

I like GPUs in series even though one GPU will run cooler than the other. If ran Parallel, they both will run almost exact temps but run warmer than in series.

Thank You GTX for the answer to my question. I'll take your advice as you have helped me a lot as I learn :)
Dumb question : if you are using 1/2 OD tubing, what size compressors/hose clamps should you be using?????
I messed up and ordered 1/2 OD hose clamps :(

Thank You For Your Time
In Reading And Replying

Thank You GTX for the answer to my question. I'll take your advice as you have helped me a lot as I learn :)
Dumb question : if you are using 1/2 OD tubing, what size compressors/hose clamps should you be using?????
I messed up and ordered 1/2 OD hose clamps :(

Thank You For Your Time
In Reading And Replying

No problem. :salute:

Match up the tubing size with the fittings or vise versa. So for example, I am using 1/2 ID x 3/4 OD tubing and compression fittings.

So you would match the ID size of the tube??????
I'm thinking that is the correct answer because the 1/2 OD clamps I bought for my 3/8 ID x 1/2 OD tubing, has no grip. I used zip ties again :( I ordered the clamps so that my build would look nicer.

So you would match the ID size of the tube??????

Yes. The OD is just the thickness of the outer wall but the main size is the ID hence why you weren't able to tighten your clamp to the tubing.

Yes. The OD is just the thickness of the outer wall but the main size is the ID hence why you weren't able to tighten your clamp to the tubing.

Wait a minute.
ID means inside diameter
OD means outside diameter

If the ID is 3/8 inch and the OD is 1/2 inch (4/8) then the wall thickness is 1/8 inch. So the OD is not the thickness of the outer wall. Diameter and thickness are not synonymous.

wall thickness.png

I would think a 1/2 inch clamp would be appropriate.

Wait a minute.
ID means inside diameter
OD means outside diameter

If the ID is 3/8 inch and the OD is 1/2 inch (4/8) then the wall thickness is 1/8 inch. So the OD is not the thickness of the outer wall. Diameter and thickness are not synonymous.

View attachment 161521

I would think a 1/2 inch clamp would be appropriate.

Oh wow, totally missed that. Thank you for the correction. No idea what the hell I was thinking at that time. :rofl: Must've been hangover Mondays or Thursdays.

Back