• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NTLDR missing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jbslow

I went to play HalfLife and just a few minutes into the game the screen went black I had to hardboot the comp. I get the NTLDR missing error everytime I try to reboot the computer. I'm runnings Windows 2000pro SP1 this is the only OS I've installed on this HDD. I've read about people upgrading from Win9x to NT that had this problem but I did a fresh install on a blank HDD. Help if you can I hope there is a way to save the data.

Yep I was just coming back to say I got it fixed I booted off the 2000pro Cd and went into the repair console and choose the FIXMBR command and that was it...sweet.

jbslow said:
Yep I was just coming back to say I got it fixed I booted off the 2000pro Cd and went into the repair console and choose the FIXMBR command and that was it...sweet.

The Recovery Console is the best thing MS has ever done, EVER! I installed Linux the other day, and it tried to eat my bootloader on my Win2k drive. I fired up the RC and typed fixmbr and fixboot and it fired right back up!

Back