• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SP's AMD build!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Man, I don't have a clue then... I got the feeling we'd stumbled onto something.

Man, I don't have a clue then... I got the feeling we'd stumbled onto something.

Other than unclean power to the PSU, (which shouldn't matter with this PSU) would be that this chip has had some electro-migration from me learning to OC on it.

But it's not like I fed it volts over 1.7 or anything....

Yeah, I thought you were still on that old CoolerMaster PSU that halfway burned up. The one you got from OW should be plenty good.

Yeah, I thought you were still on that old CoolerMaster PSU that halfway burned up. The one you got from OW should be plenty good.

Naw, that PSU will power my future folding rig. :D

So it can't be dirty power... I dunno. I'm stumped.
I guess I just have to work on other things. Just get it stable at 4.8 or whatever and work on the NB and RAM instead.

I was just thinking. With AMD FX architecture; you ahve the 6 core version. 3 modules, 6 integer units. Each "pair" combines to a 256bit bus during certain instructions. Seems like it be vastly superior to run 4 cores on 2 matching modules, than it would be to run single core off 3 modules.

Dual and single core instruction rate should be superior, at least in my head. Can anyone comment on this?

Back