• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XFX HD6870 going bad

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ANIMASANA

Hi my XFX hd6870 seems to be going bad. I talked to their support guy tried to have me open it and put new thermal paste in I told him I have never seen temps above 70 Celsius even in game and the card shuts off at windows desktop while the computer is idle. So he suggested I should RMA and submit an online ticket which I am going to. Anyone know of a comparable card I can pick up at best buy for the time being? Anyone else had similar issues with this card? Thanks!

Don't buy GPUs at Best Buy... pay through the nose on a lot of them.

What is your budget? What resolution do you play games at?

Wish I had seen this post earlier. It may turn out to be power related. Now the machine will not power on at all. Is it possible power issues in the electrical system in my home may have caused extra stress on the PSU? I have had it for about 3 years... going on 4. Corsair HX750

Maybe, but it's probably just an early failure in the PSU. If it's still under warranty you might be able to get it replaced. If you need a new one instead look at the EVGA Supernova G2's.

Back