• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i5-3570k Overheating?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MattD.

Registered
Hey guys, I've just recently revived my PC to start gaming again, but I've ran into some issues. I've been getting some offline lag about 15 minutes into gaming that gets progressively worse. I did all of the usual upgrading drivers, but that didn't help. So, I decided to look into my CPU temps to see if it was throttling because it was too hot or something. I don't know enough about CPU temps to know what's too hot, but I think anything over 70.C is too much. So, I think that's the case,
Here is the Core Temp readouts under load:
CPU_Temps.PNG
And here is the readout just as I'm writing this post.
CPU_Temps_Idle.PNG
Both of these readouts are running with the fans on balanced mode.

My Specs:
i5-3570k
EVGA 660
ASRock z77 Extreme3
8gb RAM
Cooler: Corsair h100i with the two stock fans pulling through the radiator.
So, is this a cooler issue, or am I missing something?

Looks like that H100i is either failing or has failed. Another thing to check would be the mounting. Also check to see if the pump in the unit is running. Is the air warm coming from the radiator?

Looks like that H100i is either failing or has failed. Another thing to check would be the mounting. Also check to see if the pump in the unit is running. Is the air warm coming from the radiator?
There is warmer air coming from the radiator, but it's not that warm. I just tore the thing down and re-mounted the block to make sure everything was on correctly. I think I forgot to plug the pump in the first time I tried to fix this (I know :bang head) but that didn't solve the issue. Once I got everything back together and double checked everything, the temps just went straight back to 95.C. I'll go over to the cooling forum to troubleshoot the H100i. Thanks for your help.

MattD,

Please create a "Sig" and include in that your system information. You'll find the Sig tool by clicking on My Profile (top right corner) and then click on Edit Signature which is found as you scroll down the left side. When you have a Sig the system info is displayed automatically with every post.

Back