• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lots of grayed out lines in the front page

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Audioaficionado

Sparkomatic Moderator
So I was looking around our front page #1. Is it just me or is there a lot of gray lines that used to be real heavy hitters? Most of them blew by me very fast as they rose up the ranks.

Are the corporate sponsors picking up the slack and are they listed as teams or just not on the public stats?

Is this all about -bigadv or a combination of other factors?

Usual combination of life priorities, end of bigadv and hardware hassles. All the top teams look the same, even EVGA has chunks of grey but if you want a really scary front page look at [H], its an ocean of grey.

Out of the 3, I would put the largest chunk as being the end of BA - those that got burnt with lots of hardware have largely shut down and either sold up or moved to other projects

For me, economics is a big factor....I can not afford to rack up the electric bill like I used to, when I was working.

However, I am committed to returning to full time employment, and if successful I will certainly be building a modern, bigadv munching folding rig! ;)

Unless you are a large corporate donor with a massive multi processor bank available, -bigadv is dead to you. GPU is where it's at for now. Tomorrow... who knows. PG isn't saying.

Look at my recent increase. It's from only 2 AMD HD 7870 cards. Don't know what the power bill is going to be yet. I'm guessing 10kWhr/day.

I know that I've been able to up my production but this will only be for a year or two at most. While I am still building up, as my equipment dies, I will not be able to replace it as aggressively as I am able to get it in place. I imagine that this is true for all home based farms. Add to this the fact that distributed computing is no longer novel. It's become more "old-hat". People lose interest and move on.

Back