• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Official Dota 2 Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kaskadian

Hopefully this post isn't out of place; I didn't see any active/recent Dota 2 posts. I can't be the only Dota 2 nerd around here, where are the rest of you hiding?

I started playing a bit of Dota back in the WC3 days, but never really got "into" it until Dota 2 was released. My wife is actually the one who got me into Dota 2 (She's Chinese and Chinese people are obsessed with Dota). Since I started from scratch, I was absolutely awful with no real MOBA experience. I ended up calibrating super low MMR (1500) which was deserved since I was absolute trash when I started out. I'm currently leveling a new account with the hopes of recalibrating slightly higher than my current rating.

Lets get it going, what role/heros do you guys enjoy playing? I normally play support/team fight; it's the role that I enjoy most. I started playing primarily support roles since at my junk tier no one wants to play support/buy wards/courier/etc; now I just enjoy the role more than the other roles. Very rarely I'll play a carry role, but it's fun during those rare instances when I get placed onto a team with multiple supports.

Support/Team Fight:
Witch Doctor
Ogre Magi
Dazzle
Tidehunter
Jakiro
Earthshaker

Carry:
Meepo
Slark
Brewmaster
Sven
Lycan

I wish i had more people that played this game in my friends. I dont really understand it very good yet.

Definitely play some bot games, they'll help you get the hang of the game without people raging at you. There is a lot to take in and its easier to learn this way. You could also play "coop" games which puts 5 real players against 5 bots; its a lot better than playing with horrible AI bots as teammates.

I'm currently leveling my new account (mostly in coop games since I don't have a lot of spare time) if you're ever looking for someone to play with. Until this thesis gets finished I don't have a ton of extra time, but I'd be happy to show you the ropes.

Back