• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Issue with slave Aquaero 5

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wytnyt

Registered
hello
having used the Aquaero 6 for a while and without issues,I decided to slave a Aquaero 5 to it.
Everything works great except the fans that have a splitter cable that each connects 2 fans to a fan header for a total of 3 splitters
the issue Im having is on the slaved A5 where splitters are used,the fan rpm fluncuates constantly.
im positive the curve settings are correct as the Aquaero 6 fans work properly
the a6 where no splitters are used work well
the pwm header on the a5 has the tach wire removed
ive tried every varable in the controller setting without any difference.

does anyone have any idea on the cause of this?
thx...

You need to double check that only one fan is suppling the RPM signal to the AQ5 header. If both fans connected on the same splitter have both RPM signals connected together it will cause the readings to be all over the place.

but running a slaved Aquaero the fans cant run im pwm mode,only power or speed control
ok i think i see now
i used 4 pin pwm splitters in which i removed the tach wire but i also need to remove one of the 2 rpm wires making one fan 2 pin and one fan 3 pin,right?

edit
got it figured out
thx for setting me on the right path...

Last edited:
Ok looks like you have it sorted. Yes it was the actual RPM signal that is the problem. You can only ever have one fan reporting its RPM otherwise the signals get jumbled up and cause odd RPM readings.

Back