• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2560x1440 HDMI monitor/Dish TV to PC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trekky

so I just got dish network and pretty happy so far and I want my Super joey to connect to my PC setup

I want a 2560x1440 27' monitor that has a HDMI input with audio (or with a way to split audio out into my inline audio jack from my PC)

I saw on the classy a 1920x1080 22' monitor for ~$90 that has a HDMI port but no speakers so If there is a cheap way to get the audio out and just use my inline jack on my Mobo im cool with that option

Ideas?
note I still want to use the monitor for my PC also i already using my only dual link DVI port (still have a single link DVI port open) so the 2560x1440 will need a display port or way to hook up to my hdmi port on my 7970

Edit: my budget varies on the solution IE I am willing to pay more for a 2560x1440 monitor than a 1920x1080 monitor
also if the price is right I could do a HD tv tuner/video capture (must be HDMI) but I have a SD Tv tuner USB stick

Last edited:
so I should be able to plug the joey right into the monitor right?

It has HDMI in and it has speakers built into it, that's as far as I could tell you. It also has a green plug in the back that I believe is for Audio, but I've never tried using it (no need).

I did some googling and the Auria EQ276W HDMI port supports HDCP so it looks like it should work!!

thx janus for your help!

No problem, I bought my monitor about a year ago now at Microcenter, no idea if they are still available there though.

Back