• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sony 3D TV Same model, Different specs??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

On_Point

Hi guys, I was looking to buy a new tv and decided to get a "Sony W800B BRAVIA Full HD 3D TV"
Now the thing is I found there is more than one version of this, because everything here is imported from some other market.
If anyone here is an expert on displays or tvs could you have a look at these links and tell me which is better? Because some of the specs don't match. I am especially interested in the "viewing angle" difference between the two versions.

http://www.sony-asia.com/product/kdl-50w800b
http://www.sony.co.in/product/kdl-50w800b

Last edited:
One is a spec from center to one side, the other is a spec from side to side.

What does that mean? One has the viwing angle of 89° (Right/Left), 89° (Up/Down) the other is 178° (Right to Left), 178° (Up to Down) Which one has the best viewing angle? Also which one has the better sound...beucase the speakers seem to be different. One has Clear Phase Speaker the other has Bass Reflex Speaker.

Not sure how to explain it any different. The smaller viewing angle listed is from the Center to a side (90 degree max) while the larger is side to side (up to 180 degrees).

As far as the speakers, unless someone own these tv's we wont be able to tell you about sound quality. Look up some reviews on them and see what they say.

But bass reflex is a type of speaker system in that it has a port that is tuned to a specific frequency to help with the low end. Clear phase appears to be what they call their speakers. You can have both in the same system because one is a name for their speaker setup another is the type of setup.

What does that mean? One has the viwing angle of 89° (Right/Left), 89° (Up/Down) the other is 178° (Right to Left), 178° (Up to Down) Which one has the best viewing angle? Also which one has the better sound...beucase the speakers seem to be different. One has Clear Phase Speaker the other has Bass Reflex Speaker.

Neither has a "best viewing angle" because it's the same angle.

It's the exact same TV, just buy it.

Neither has a "best viewing angle" because it's the same angle.

It's the exact same TV, just buy it.

Lol ok, thanks man:thup:

Not sure how to explain it any different. The smaller viewing angle listed is from the Center to a side (90 degree max) while the larger is side to side (up to 180 degrees).

As far as the speakers, unless someone own these tv's we wont be able to tell you about sound quality. Look up some reviews on them and see what they say.

But bass reflex is a type of speaker system in that it has a port that is tuned to a specific frequency to help with the low end. Clear phase appears to be what they call their speakers. You can have both in the same system because one is a name for their speaker setup another is the type of setup.

Ah cool, thanks for clearing up what the speaker systems mean :)

I don't suppose either of you know if the 3D on this model is any good?
Also what are your thoughts on active vs passive 3D. I have done some research but people are giving really mixed reviews about this.
I have never even seen a 3D tv in real life so I am totally in the dark here.
By the way my second choice at the moment is UA48H6400AK whch is quite a bit cheaper here and only 2" smaller.
I wonder if the Sony is worth the price.

Last edited:
3D is a joke to me (at home).. You are asking the wrong person on that front! LOL!

(merged your triple posts)

3D is a joke to me (at home).. You are asking the wrong person on that front! LOL!

I know what you mean...I doubt 3D will get much use even from me. I just want to get the best for my money when I finally decide to buy new hardware lol

From personal experience 3D has been kinda meh, BUT, and an astounding BUT here.... If you happen to like sports such as football and watching those NFL games, I found 3D to be pretty kickass for football games and it would not surprise me if it was just as good for baseball and others. Outside of sports though, I found it to be more annoying than anything.

Interesting... I never watched sports on a 3D TV. I thought the content had to be 3D(?) and didn't know regular programming, say from cable/sat, would be in 3D????

Interesting... I never watched sports on a 3D TV. I thought the content had to be 3D(?) and didn't know regular programming, say from cable/sat, would be in 3D????

My LG kind of interpolates what it would think is 3D in that circumstance (it moves the scoreboard/etc forward and the play behind to give an illusion of depth).

I don't use the 3D function on my LG 55LM7600 (I believe is the model) very much, but it works when we need it to. Our glasses are passive and it does fine.

My LG kind of interpolates what it would think is 3D in that circumstance (it moves the scoreboard/etc forward and the play behind to give an illusion of depth).
How does it look though?

I haven't used it for a couple years, but IIRC it looked exactly as I said above. The game on the field looked the same, just that the scoreboard/layover was pulled forward to the foreground.

From past experience I believe it was ESPN 3D, though if I recall in more recent years everyone dropped that already from their listing. I'm not too sure about others, but a while back both cable and sat (preferably DTV) had 3D channels you could go to.

The experience I suppose could be described as players "coming forward" from the screen. I personally really enjoyed the experience though when it came to watching sports.

If you can, wait untill Q3 or Q4 of this year, TV price should come down because the manufacture ready to release newer model and the old model have to go
I got this TV earlier this year and i pay around 12% less than the price when it first come out
http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/UN60HU8550FXZA

Nice TV. I actually hate our economies now, every year something slightly newer comes out and makes your one year old model feel...old lol
Even the gaming market palce is just super greedy now. So many little schemes to extract more money from players.

Back