• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How much maximum RAM can be supported in Laptop LENOVO THINKPAD E530 3259T2Q

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rajmehra300

Hiiii,

I am in need to upgrade RAM of my laptop LENOVO THINKPAD EDGE SERIES E530 PART NO. 3259T2Q.Currently it has 4GB (2 x 2gb).

I am not sure how much I can expand RAM Memory upto?

As of now I have tried some of the scanner (memorystock.com ,www.crucial.com ) present online and also scanned my system with softwares like CPUID CPU-Z, AIDA64 Engineer, AIDA64 Extreme which all says I my laptop supports MAX MEMORY upto 16 GB.

I have done a lot research on web but official document from Lenovo contradicts with the scanners results as Lenovo says it supports max upto 8 GB only.

Please suggest on max RAM supported for my Laptop.

I would trust what Lenovo says. If you are unsure, contact Lenovo, only they will know for sure.

You could get lucky and find someone with the same exact laptop that has tried to put more than 8GB in, but I think it would be faster if you asked Lenovo.

Good luck, and please report back your answer so those that run across this thread in the future can see it.

I can do one experiment here . As it supports 8 gb max as suggested by Lenovo.Can I put 8 GB Slot in single slot or it has to be 4gb x2?

If it supports 16GB, then the 8GB stick should work. If it does not, then it should not work.

That said, I would still email Lenovo so you are 100% sure.

My laptop have Processor – Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2328M CPU @ 2.20GHz, Chipset-Northbridge:Intel Sandy Bridge rev. 09,Southbridge Intel HM77 rev. 04, BIOS Properties:Vendor LENOVO Version H0ET94WW (2.54 ).
As per the suggestion as of now, I have understood that Chipset/CPU can support 16 gb but it is the motherboard/bios which can restrict it to support max 8gb as specified in the official documentation of e530 by Lenovo.Is there any to way check max RAM support in specific with BIOS version/motherboard?

Back