• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Liquid Cooler?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheOriginalGoth

Registered
Hello, I'm on the fence on if I should get the Noctua NH D15 or a liquid cooler heatsink. My price range for heatsinks is $250 and was just wondering if you guys could give any suggestions on which would be the best for me. My case is a Full Tower ThermalTake Chaser MK-1 series and my CPU is a AMD FX 8320 black edition. My goal is to overclock my cpu to atleast 4.5 or higher.

Last edited:
A custom water cooling loop would be the best but it would be tough to keep in your budget. For an all-in-one water loop, I would say the Swiftech 220-x or 240-x would be top.

Swiftech H-220X

Which will be best depends on how hard you plan to push your CPU.

If you have ANY interest in watercooling your gpu/gpus best bet is a custom loop. With a $250 budget you can get just about ANY AIO cooler. I had a FX-8350 at 4.6Ghz SOLID under custom water.

Thermaltake has come out with some new AIO coolers and is back into custom wc.

I just assembled the rig below ALL custom watercooled with the GIGANTIC Thermaltake Core X9!

I'm gonna vote for one of the XSPC D5 kits, hands down ^_^

The XSPC kit is a great way to start. Would recommend the D5 pump because you can add a number of blocks on without a problem.

Will the H2O-X20 Elite Series with triple 120mm radiator fit inside the ThermalTake Chase MK-1 series?

Then my final question and sorry for being such a newbie at this is; could it fit the Swiftech H240-X?

A simple google search with your case and different AIOs or "water cooling" used for keywords should find you something.

It's not like I haven't done any searching at all mate. I have does exactly that numourus times. "Can the Thermaltake Chaser MK-I fit the Swiftech H240-X" Blah blah blah. Used different keywords in my searches aswell but have not really found anything. Sorry that I may be comming off rude or anything. I'm just in somewhat of in a rush; hope you can understant. ;-;

Water cooling is a fun hobby. Its not one thing to be rushed with.

Have you read our intro to water cooling before taking the plunge?

A few simple measurements in your case can get you some answers after you got the basic understandings of what it takes and to maintain.

Sorry, I am not familiar with that case or anything Thermaltake for that matter.

Here's one search I found of images of your case and different water cooling projects.

Here's a video as well.

Back