• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help connecting wireless printer to laptop.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Audioaficionado

Sparkomatic Moderator
I just got a Samsung M2020W Laser printer with wireless capabilities.

I have a wireless router connected output to output with my main wired LAN router so it can give access to the internet without being the LAN firewall.

All the desktops (4) are on the wired LAN. They all have Win7pro and easily connected to the printer through the wireless router.

The laptop is on Win8.1 and just won't connect no matter what I do. I ran the installation CD on the laptop after it failed in the 'add printer' through windows control panel and it saw the router and showed the gateway mask and IP addy of the router as well as the IP addy of the printer. Manually configured all that info, but still no joy. Hook up the USB port and it prints with no problem.

I can use a shared printer (on the other wired PCs) laptop > wireless router > wired LAN PC > wireless router > wireless printer and it prints just fine also.

Scratching my head why I can't get it to connect from the wireless laptop > wireless router > wireless printer. :bang head

It works just fine PC > wired LAN router > wireless router > wireless printer.

The correct driver is installed in all the PCs. For some reason the laptop can't communicate with the printer. It detects it, but the printer won't respond. I shared the same printer after I installed it in the LAN PCs and the laptop will print through a share, but not directly.

Some kind of setting issue with the wireless router?

Well I'll temporarily set a share printer from a LAN PC as the default printer until we can get this figured out.

I still don't understand why her laptop can set up the wireless router and wireless printer over the air, but it can't print from it :confused:

Back