• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help! TriFire problem, can only crossfire

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trondjac

Hello everyone :)

I'm a real pc noob and I have a problem with trifire, I cant get all the cards to be linked, one or two is always disabled, depending on the config.

I've searched the web, but can't find any solution to this :-/

I have a Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5, Socket-AM3+ rev3 and 3x XFX Radeon R9 280X 3GB GDDR5

Corsair RM1000, 1000W PSU
Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5, Socket-AM3+ ATX, 990FX+SB950, DDR3, 5xPCIe(2.0)x16, CFX&SLI
XFX Radeon R9 280X 3GB GDDR5

They are al connected with the crossfire connection and I can chage in BIOS whitch card that is the primary display driver.

Ive connected the cards like this:

#Option 1
PCIe 1 - XFX x16 card primary display adapter
PCIe 2 - Empty
PCIe 3 - XFX card x16
PCIe 4 - Empty
PCIe 5 - XFX Card x8

In this config, the PCIe5 Card is disabled in CCC and cant be used. I can only crossfire 1 and 3 with x16

#Option 2
PCIe 1 - XFX x8
PCIe 2 - Empty
PCIe 3 - XFX card x16 card primary display adapter
PCIe 4 - Empty
PCIe 5 - XFX Card x8

Card in 5 is still disabled and I can crossfire card in 3 and 1, but 1 runds at lower speed. (?)

#Option 3

PCIe 1 - XFX card x16
PCIe 2 - Empty
PCIe 3 - XFX card x16
PCIe 4 - Empty
PCIe 5 - XFX Card x8 card primary display adapter

In this configuration both the card in 1 and 3 is disabled. I can only use card 5 alone.

IS there something I have done wrong. I've changed the cards, so All of them has tried each other slots.
THis is getting frustrating :-/
Any smart brains out there that can help me out and point out the obvious here? :)

Back