• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A request for help from an old friend...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MIAHALLEN

Hey guys...I know I have been conspicuously absent for quite a while...I'd just like to say I miss my old team and all the good times we had. My life has changed dramatically over the past few years, and if you want to know more I'd be happy to share. But for now, I'll skip past all of the details and get straight to the point.

My family and I have moved to the Central American 3rd world country of Belize. We came here to get away from the rat race in America, and so that I could flaunt an entrepreneurial spirit starting my own businesses. We also had a strong desire to be more intimately involved in spreading the truth of Jesus' finished work to the local populations. We arrived in Belize in June, bought a small homestead and started a business selling & installing off-grid solar electric systems, and providing IT consulting services.

I have now also decided to break into an additional portion of the market here, I'd like to run a small computers & networking school to teach the locals about computers & IT work. In order to do this, I need old computer parts with which to demonstrate concepts, and give the students hands on activities with which they can better comprehend concepts they are learning. Here in Belize, antiquated computer hardware is outrageously priced...and I am now shocked at the blasé attitude I used to have with old hardware that I know some of you tend to share. I have a worthy cause and a very tangible need for help from the community right now, and I would be extremely grateful if the community would help me with this endeavor by donating old parts you no longer need to my school.

There is no requirement for parts' age or functionality. Even non-functional parts would be helpful to have physical props to show the students and demonstrate concepts. If you would like to donate, please contact me via PM so I can give you shipping instructions and give me a BITCOIN address so I can refund your shipping costs (in BITCOIN only). I'd like to start the classes in June, and we need to plan about 2 months for shipping logistics...so if anyone is willing to help, please PM me and we can work out the details.

In coming months, I'll be sure to post pictures in this thread of my school in operation so you can all see the fruits of your generosity :)

A big shout-out to jaymz9350 for helping me with the logistics! :thup:

View attachment 163027

Last edited:
Just wanted to bump this again and say thank you to those who have already donated. Still looking for more of you who would be willing & able, thanks :thup:

I'm sure I have some stuff that'll likely never see power again. I'll PM for shipping instructions.

PM me with your address I have lots of stuff. Working and non.

P.S. You got to stay on me man as I am essentially lazy! I won't mind a bit.

Last edited:
MIA, awesome thing you are doing and wish I could help. At this time I run lean and mean, so most everything is in use. However when I start getting some reserve again, I will reach out and see what I can send to help.

Go get em! :)

No problem Joe...been in those shoes many times before LOL...:thup:

I was going to PM you about this, but since its a question I am sure others have: what is the physical address you would like the parts shipped to?

It is a private address of another member here, so I'll keep it out of the thread ;) YGPM :thup:

Anyone can PM me for the address as well and if you're in the central Ohio area I may be able to pick up locally from you.

Jaymz- can you let me know via pm when you will need all goods. I have some stuff ready to be packaged but need to get some packing materials to get it shippable and not sure when I will get it together as am busy daily for a week or 2

I got a little sidetracked, but managed to ship out some things today. I didn't test anything but it all should be functional.

The items i shipped were:

Abit NF8 with cpu, heatsink, and memory.
A random assortment of PCI cards. (sound, video, TV tuner, and iRAM) Some of the things I mounted in the pc to save on packing.

The total to ship was a little over $50, but consider it as a donation towards your school.

20150417_154204.jpg 20150422_140600.jpg

Very Nice...
I got a little sidetracked, but managed to ship out some things today. I didn't test anything but it all should be functional.

The items i shipped were:

Abit NF8 with cpu, heatsink, and memory.
A random assortment of PCI cards. (sound, video, TV tuner, and iRAM) Some of the things I mounted in the pc to save on packing.

The total to ship was a little over $50, but consider it as a donation towards your school.

View attachment 162883View attachment 162884

Thanks again everyone, you'll have until the meetup in May to get your donations to Jaymz so he can ship everything out to me :thup:

I am now CompTIA approved :D

CompTIA.JPG

Last edited:
I'm getting a nice little pile going fellas keep up the good work!

I'm going to be glad I'm in a small town when I take this all to the post office as there is no waiting in line usually lol.

I have the box of laptops packed up and ready to ship out. I did add an old vertex3 60gb ssd as well. should help make one of the lappys cheer up

Back