• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

R9 290 Max safe Voltage?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Clapper66

Registered
I have a reference Asus R9 290 with a Arctic Accelero Xtreme III on it, and am overclocking it but have a question about the voltage.

1st of all the card running at stock speed and voltage

The core temp is on the borderline of 59 and 60c

And the Vrms never break 70C

I am using Sapphire Trixx to OC the card. This is my overclock

Core clock at 1195 Mhz up from the stock 947 Mhz

Memory Clock at 1475 Mhz up from the stock 1250 Mhz

Then the power limit is at 50

Then Fianlly the Voltage offset is at 200

When running the card a 1195/1475 The core temp is on the borderline with of 70C witch is great :)

Then the Vrm 1 Temp hit a max of 85C And Vrm 2 a max temp of 58C

That was after letting Valley loop for 1 hour!

My question is about the voltage, when running valley the VDDC hits a max of 1.330 Volts when it spikes and GPU-z said the average VDDC voltage was 1.315

Is that a safe voltage to run the card at on air? i or should i try to scale it down to a average of 1.3 Volts. im planning on running this card overclocked until the R9 300 series is released then i want to buy another 290 for xfire, and once i do that i will probably just runt he cards at stock

I wouldn't push much further just for the safety of the VRM for long term usage.

Well i tuned my overclock on the corr back to 1185 and my voltage back to 190+ in trixx and now the average is 1.303 volts wile letting heaven and valley run for a half and hour each.

Back