• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI X99 Sli Plus reading stupid CPU temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pierre3400

annnnnnd it's gone
Hey there,

I just got my 5930K up and running after about 2 months down time. (Been lazy)

All i running great so far, but in HWmonitor, the motherboard CPUTIN is reading 93c degrees constantly (198F)

Now, i do indeed suspect this is a software bug, since my CPU is sitting pretty at 30 degrees idle.

Anyone able to confirm this?

CPUTIN is the motherboard's temp sensor. The Core # readings are the CPU's temp sensor, the ones that matter.

Hwmonitor has often problems to read or match additional temps. I often see something like 200+C. To read temps I'm generally using AIDA64 especially that they make often updates and fix issues quick.

I have always used Openhardwaremonitor, due to the fact that its open for use with Aquaero controllers, but its not been updated for ages, and has issues with X99 platform. Realtemp, i have never been a fan off, Maybe i do need to look into AIDA64.

I was simply saying to use it as a 'calibration' type tool to see which temp in the program you use is the right one.

I prefer basic apps like realtemp though. TMI on hwmonitor, etc for me 99% of the time. :)

There are temps labeled Core #0, Core #1, Core #2, etc. in HWmonitor under the CPU Model. CPUTIN is under the Motherboard model. No need for a 2nd software to verify which reading, just look at the core temps under the CPU.

Personally, I like Core Temp; compact and simple.

+1... but that was missed the first time through, so just giving him another way to know if the bkatently obvious "core" wasn't enough. :)

Back