• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ram block

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
RAM blocks for DDR3 (and especially DDR4) are borderline useless.
Use the money elsewhere.

For aesthetic look, just like mosfet water block,

It's also a big inhibitor of flow in the loop. RAM blocks and VRM blocks are the two biggest sources of unnecessary restriction in a water loop.
Without it, the pump can run slower, quieter, and use less power. I mean, who doesn't want a quieter system?

Perhaps he is unaware that from a cooling standpoint there really isn't a point and they are generally restrictive. ;)

For looks or giggles, have at it, otherwise, it won't buy you any performance. :)

Did the OP ask the same question twice or did someone merge threads? Lol!

Perhaps he is unaware that from a cooling standpoint there really isn't a point and they are generally restrictive. ;)

For looks or giggles, have at it, otherwise, it won't buy you any performance. :)

I know that too well ED :), at i said earlier, RAM block is just for show, make your pc look nicer, nothing more.

Back