• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cracked screen on my LG G Pad 7.0 V400

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gigabit

I ordered a new screen and digitizer for it but i cant for the life of me find any videos of anyone changing one.For the Nexus 7 2012 there hundreds of do it yourself videos but not the 7.0 G pad.I cant figure out how to get the screen and digitizer off the frame that everything mounts to..

Anyway i found this but its a LTE model and looks a little differnt .And again this doesnt show how to seperate the frame from the screen and digitizer.The link blows show a blow apart but still not what I need.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g-pad-83/general/lg-g-pad-7-0-lte-teardown-xda-t2891868

Mines the little picture on top which is very similar.

Attachments

• IMG_20150324_235040827.jpg
    IMG_20150324_235040827.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 4,594
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 5,475
Last edited:
I think I'd take the device & screen to a shop and have them install it. With my luck I'd kill something trying to get it apart. Sorry it's not a great answer to help you do it, but it's what I'd do.

I agree I would normally do the same thing. But I only paid $100 for the tablet and now with the screen($61) and if I paid someone to fix it I might as well have just bought a new one. Plus ive heard that this tablet is one of the easiest to replace the digitizer + screen on I just cant see how its done. I think its held on with double sided tape I just wanna make sure before I start pulling it apart..lol

Well tablet is fixed.Wasnt half as hard as i thought.I just started taking it apart.Then i saw the screen and digitizer were double sided taped onto the frame.Got out the hairdryer and heated it up and off it came.I did have to disconnect a few cables though.

Maybe I should have taped it and put it on u tube since nobody has a video for this tablet On u tube.But i wasnt thinking about it at the time...lol I was more worried about breaking the dam thing Even more than it already was....lol.

Anyway now I have an extra screen and digitizer leftover because they sent me an extra by mistake...lol.

Great that I got an extra screen and digitizer because I'm so ruff on phones and tablets

Attachments

• 20150326_183937.jpg
    20150326_183937.jpg
    346.6 KB · Views: 4,290
  • 20150326_183951.jpg
    20150326_183951.jpg
    338.6 KB · Views: 4,263
Last edited:
Thanks hokiealumus.It was really pretty easy.Now i have to fix my nexus 7 i finally got all the parts in.Waiting on stuff from china takes forever.

Here's the broken screen.It didn't look anywhere near this bad before I removed it

Attachments

• IMG_20150327_153053475.jpg
    IMG_20150327_153053475.jpg
    709.1 KB · Views: 4,270
Last edited:
Hey gigabit.... how much do you want for the extra digitizer that you have for the lg gpad 7.0?

I really just need the screen... everything else works fine... it's just the screen is shattered.

Last edited:
Decided to keep it..IVs broke two tablets in less the 3 months.

Its really hard to get the screen off the digitizer and cleaning it good enough to just replace the screen.But peoole do it, all the time.I just replace the whole thing ..If you just want the screen try aliexpress.com. They are the cheapest . Just shipping take a few weeks but its usally free ranging from $50 to $65 shipped for the complete screen and digitizer.I looked nobody sells just the glass for this tablet.Unlike the Nexus 7 and other tablets

Try eBay and amazon to .

Last edited:
That's a shame that they sell the screen and digitizer together, as usually the screen is OK. My cousin recently broke the digitizer for her chinese tablet and I replaced the digitizer only...the screen was fine as she could use a mouse and do most things with that.

I used a razor blade to separate the digitizer from the tablet and like you, I broke it more getting it off. While I was doing that, I decided that this might not be the last repair job I do on these tabs, so I bought a couple of repair kits with the plastic prybars and torx screwdrivers (Torx needed to remove the cover on B&N Nook) so the $ wasn't wasted.
The so called repair kit consisted of two different sized "guitar picks" that can only be shoved in so far so you won't break it more and two plastic pry bars. Pretty neat little gizmos. I am watching Ebay for a "broken" name brand tablet to buy and repair like a Galaxy or Nexus 7 (Sorry Apple, I'm not interested)
Glad to see that you were able to get it going. :clap:
Now I recommend a good FPS to help drain the battery like N.O.V.A. 3 or Modern combat. Or if you like being frustrated, you can buy Max Payne mobile..and the reason I say frustrated is no MOGA support yet.
Cheers

I have a nexus 7 with a bad motherboard.I know its the mobo because I broke it..lol.I pushed the two clips that secure the screens cables the wrong way.I get a screen image but no touch response .I tried to rig it up but it only works for a little while then it stops working again..Now I'm waiting on a new mobo from a seller on amazon.He says the first is lost in the mail so he sent another Saturday.I hope it gets here soon.

That's a great idea looking for a cheap broken tablet to fix.I might have to do that too to get another mobo

Last edited:
Yea, people are catching on though, there are not as many cracked ones for sale as say six months ago.

I ordered a Chinese tablet this last Sunday it has an A33 quadcore with a Mali 400 gpu also a quadcore? My dual core is just under what I need for playing games like NOVA3 and the like..as it sputters every once in a while. In some video games I can make a wsipe on the screen and it takes two to three seconds to react which is unacceptable. I was going to give my dual core tab to my sister, but she as much as told me that she has no interest in tablets, so I think I will root the tablet and overclock it and see what she can do. I sure hope the bluetooth will be better with the quadcore and 4.4.? Kitkat os (my current one has 4.2.2 jellybean) I love these tabs..You can watch a movie anywhere in full hd, play games etc.

Im gonna have to give those games a try.I wish these tablets i have had more ram.Maybe my gaĺaxy 4 tab with 1.5gbs of ram will play them better .But its screen seems less responsive than my LGs or the Nexus 7.I dont know if it being a 5 point captive touch screen has anything to do with it but my other 2 are 10 point captive touch screens and they seem more responsive in games .I play shark evolution and a acouple other games.Im not sure how demanding they are but i do know my LG and Nexus 7 do have better screens for these games.

Last edited:
Also if you can keep bluetooth share from suddenly crashing/stopping, I would recomend a MOGA controller or a PS3 controller. Actually there are a lot of newer controllers coming out for Android. I wouldn'd mind a wired controller either

I play Dead trigger 1 on my phone with the MOGA and it's a blast.
Here is the official commercial for the MOGA

Looks good i might have to pick one up..I wonder if they have anything for amazons fire stick.Amazon has some decent games but they need a controller and it looks like im limited to amazons controller to play them.I havent done a lot android gaming and i dont know whats really out there for it

Last edited:
I haven't done much Android gaming either...Got my 1st tablet in Jan this year, and I'm still learning the quirks. My quadcore tablet came today, so I will likely spend the rest of the day downloading games and setting up my google account. What fun eh?

So what did you think if the commercial? "oh no you lost your f-king head...where'd your head go?" I love it

I haven't done much Android gaming either...Got my 1st tablet in Jan this year, and I'm still learning the quirks. My quadcore tablet came today, so I will likely spend the rest of the day downloading games and setting up my google account. What fun eh?

So what did you think if the commercial? "oh no you lost your f-king head...where'd your head go?" I love it

My LG just updated to Android 5.02

Back