• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A New Thermal Paste

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IFLGeek

Hi, Overclockers,

We're a new Thermal Paste company Called IFLGeek and we make the CARBOID Thermal Paste line of pastes, designed for your cooling need. We make 4 different versions, CPU+ for the high mounting pressure of air coolers, CPU- for the low mounting pressure of Liquid Cooling, CPU M for laptops to Xbox and GPU for GPU liquid cooling or stock cooler. Each paste is a formulation of Diamond particles suspended in a carbon polymer, that will not tarnish, scratch or pit any surface.

We're just asking for thoughts or support, our site is www.iflgeek.com and we have a kickstarter, http://kck.st/1Ilm9Oi

Thank you for your time and input!

Borderline spam but Im intrigued.

According to your own data, you have 9.1W/mk on your GPU line. Thats the highest I've seen personally. Do you have data to back this up?

Why would I use a lower rated compound on my CPU?

Borderline spam but Im intrigued.
I'm intrigued as well, but put off by response time. I'd say that not showing up to do Q & A tips it to the spam side.

My guess would be to use the highest concentration on your cpu no matter the recommendations. But then again I struggle alot because I don't follow directions :)

I'd say so... You have a firehazard for a PSU!

(Sorry, OT I know, but it's a firehazard!)

I didnt realize it was an actual fire hazard! I though folks were just being dramatic! Is it really that bad? It was just a cheapie I picked up on a whim to replace an OEM. I am looking into another, but is my deadline closer than I think? And hers a silly question "OT"? Old topic maybe? If you could direct me to the correct place to ask someone about the one I have chosen though, I do have questions, Thanks.

OT = Off Topic

For what it's worth OP = original poster in case you didn't know that one ;)

"OT" means Off Topic of the titled thread.

As for the PSU in question: Yes, it's a fire hazard. It's one of the cheapest of the cheapest and should NOT be used in any pc ,let alone your personal machine.

A) It's very underrated
B) Very poor quality
C) Very poor parts used to build

Our suggestion to you is to get a quality built unit like Corsair, Antec, EVGA, before that thing blows out taking other components with it asap.

A power Supply is the heart of the pc and should not be skimped out. Think of it as Insurance for your pc ;)

First, completely sorry for the late reply. We were receiving notifications about getting reply's, but unable to see any until now.

To answer Bob4933, backwards; Each of the pastes are intended for their assigned use. The GPU paste for a very light mounting pressure it'll will keep a .001" layer on the GPU die, while if you used it on a CPU HS, it would spread to thinly, its also a liquid carbon suspension diamond mixture. The CPU line is intended for either air or liquid cooling and the mourning pressures associated with them. What lowers their K-value's is in order to keep the consistency correct per air or liquid the thermal paste base is tweaked with another element and silicon and those slightly inhibit heat transfer. We are working on it, we figure possibly 2 years out. The goal is to be between 9-10 W/mk on all pastes. We did get it down with our Mobile line to 9.2 W/mk. To determine we did it right, we picked up two "gaming" laptops, Alienware and MSI. The alienware i7 went from 50c idle to 32c idle and the MSI went from 48c idle to 28c idle both after half hour after startup. in gaming the alienware on i7 hit 60c and its 980m hit 58c, the MSI its i7 hit 60c as well and both its 980m's hit 64c that was overclocked because MSI is cool like that.

To answer your first question, we have a third party who is taking our pastes, he heads another forum, not this but another popular one, he is reviewing it for us, compare it to dozens of other pastes. We will if its allowed, link to it within this forum for you to see. As our patent applications are applied for, I should be able too within the next few days post photos of how we measured and our data for in house.

To Knoober, We don't often follow directions either, and 9 times out of 10 we purposefully void warranties because custom cable sleeving is just aweome, and there is always something worth soldering. One thing that could be done, if you're adventurous, we don't recommend it because the replacement time is fractioned off from 8 years to 5-8 months, is mixing 2 parts GPU with 3 parts CPU-. that will work the same, liquid or air and give you 8.8-9 W/mk. If you do the mix with CPU+ or M it will stiffen and become like bubble gum. We don't advise chewing it, because it doesn't make good bubbles. Also, did you get your PSU replaced?

Sounds like a great paste. I guess I was premature in hitting the spam buzzer. Your post has answered. Any question that I know to ask at this point in time. Thank you :)

My turn to apologize for mucking up your thread with my psu nonsense. I have gotten another and am in the process of sleeving it atm. Once I get that done it's going to be time to overhaul my build.. Well not overhaul, but replace all the pastes and clean everything up for pics. I'll make a post about it when I get done... In 6 months or so :) Real sorry to give you a hard time. Good luck with your paste. I'll hav the other check your link again for price and availability, but you make it sound pretty good.... So maybe I'll ha e to give it a shot

Hi, Overclockers,

We're a new Thermal Paste company Called IFLGeek and we make the CARBOID Thermal Paste line of pastes, designed for your cooling need. We make 4 different versions, CPU+ for the high mounting pressure of air coolers, CPU- for the low mounting pressure of Liquid Cooling, CPU M for laptops to Xbox and GPU for GPU liquid cooling or stock cooler. Each paste is a formulation of Diamond particles suspended in a carbon polymer, that will not tarnish, scratch or pit any surface.

We're just asking for thoughts or support, our site is www.iflgeek.com and we have a kickstarter, http://kck.st/1Ilm9Oi

Thank you for your time and input!

Yes hi.

Generally speaking mouning pressure of air coolers and water blocks should be about the same... Tight. A loose water block or not as tightly mounted is not going to cool properly.

Would there be any data on mounting pressure for use with Tec configurations? I do know that certain mounting pressures are required for this type of cooling to work properly.

Instead of clicking your links, can you post the make up composition and thermal margins or perhaps any other information that would tell us exactly how the paste is made and its effectiveness in other applications that would need this type of m or. + or - pastes?

I use antec formula 7. How does this new paste compare to my old paste.

Yes hi.

Generally speaking mouning pressure of air coolers and water blocks should be about the same... Tight. A loose water block or not as tightly mounted is not going to cool properly.

Would there be any data on mounting pressure for use with Tec configurations? I do know that certain mounting pressures are required for this type of cooling to work properly.

Instead of clicking your links, can you post the make up composition and thermal margins or perhaps any other information that would tell us exactly how the paste is made and its effectiveness in other applications that would need this type of m or. + or - pastes?

I use antec formula 7. How does this new paste compare to my old paste.

Mounting pressure should be tight, you are correct. Most water blocks come with stoppers stopping the pressure from exceeding 50-60 PSI. Air Coolers normally become tight 60-75 PSI. There are difference in viscosity Between "+" for air coolers and "-" for water blocks. But, major BUT here, for a custom built loop, use CPU +. For an all in one, self contained loop it is the CPU -. That is what it was intended for.

For TEC, you would use the GPU because it is the highest K value we have, also as with TEC, one side ice cold, other boiling hot. For its mounting pressure, the rule of thumb is "wrench tight", we can test it and report back our findings and data. I will scale images to fit correctly on here, also our graphs (getting an issue for posting it), I will put them up here, so you're not clicking links all around.

Compared to other diamond pastes, we are 2-5 degree C cooler.

Anyone who has hit the spam buzzer, or called this spam, does not hurt our feelings at all. We're new. We're getting everything started, starting this forum was a little pre-mature. Our distribution will be complete this June, our store on our site will be open then for a pre-order for shipping in July. We are also working with Buyers to get our paste sold in stores around the country, we hope for that to be done by July.

Don't worry about your PSU woes mucking up the thread. This is a great community, and those here were looking out for you. I personally have an odd fixation on PSU's, I go with gold rated, 1200 watt, though i may never use beyond 700 watts, keeps my room nice and cool and quieter PSU. Cable sleeving for me takes about 2 weeks, I also tie it old school with needle and thread to keep it from twisting and uniform.

Back