• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

extreme difficulty overclocking 5820k

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dane332

Im not an expert at overclocking,im also on mobile so please excuse typos and odd phrasing. I have a 5820k and a gigabyte ud4 x99. Flashed to version f12

I am currently at stock settings with all voltages at auto. I have stress test at stock for 24 hours with aida 64 and i am stable with tempts never going about 60 c

Every time i change a setting such as clock multiplier or voltage i am able to get into windows just fine. However when i turn my computer off and then turn it on i am greeted by my bios saying "boot failure detected "

The message goes on to say it was most likly bios settings that caused this. This happens nearly every time . even if i were to leave the voltages at default and underclock my ram or cpu i still get this error.

Not sure what is going on. I have replaced the motherboard but these issues still persists.

These errors are usually caused by too high memory clock or too tight memory timings but also can happen when BIOS has some issues. Simply update BIOS to the latest version, check if memory settings aren't too high and if it won't solve the issue then best will be to contact Gigabyte support.

Something similar is happening on all X99 motherboards, all just depend from various factors.

Just go into the BIOS and select the 4.3 GHz setting. Everything is set automagically for you. I'm using the F9 BIOS.

These errors are usually caused by too high memory clock or too tight memory timings but also can happen when BIOS has some issues. Simply update BIOS to the latest version, check if memory settings aren't too high and if it won't solve the issue then best will be to contact Gigabyte support.

Something similar is happening on all X99 motherboards, all just depend from various factors.

I am currently on the latest bios(f12) and also underclocked on my ram.
I have a 16gb of corsair ram rated for 2666(cas 15) running at 2133(cas 16)

Do you mean i should try to raising/lowering the timings?

What was the other board you tried?

Gigabyte ud4 x99 (i had rma'd to see if that could solve some of my issues. it did not)

Just go into the BIOS and select the 4.3 GHz setting. Everything is set automagically for you. I'm using the F9 BIOS.

I have actually tried that but it did not work. any slight changes seem to bring up that boot error.

Last edited:
Back