• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new 3D Mark benchmark

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
This has been out. I swear I saw it, or something about it many days ago. Oh well!

Still isn't enticing for me I have to say. Testing apis really has no use to me.

Dude, i checked yesterday. It was only announced before and was recently scheduled for release March 26th as listed on the website. I was staring at the website yesterday. I didn't have it yesterday. If you have 3d mark on steam, you can find out for sure if you see an update of 184MB when you log in today. https://steamcommunity.com/games/223850/announcements/detail/136572238832228771 Edit: it says: "The Steam version of 3DMark updates automatically. The test cannot be run from the free demo. "

It cost a cool $1.000, thank, but no, i don't have that kind of money :D

included in the advanced edition for $24.95. That price is for the professional version. Not needed if just for this benchmark.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, what can you get out of this?

The other tests can clearly be associated with gaming. But what point is there to testing APIs like this?

So, what can you get out of this?

The other tests can clearly be associated with gaming. But what point is there to testing APIs like this?

There already is a synthetic gaming benchmark using Mantle on Steam called Star Swarm. Maybe this just helps show more numerical comparison of bench scores with visual examples to illustrate to game developers the number of polygons/ray tracings they can put into a frame at a better speed.

For us though... We are not game devs (Most of us).

Just looking for a reason to run it...

For us though... We are not game devs (Most of us).

Just looking for a reason to run it...

Yeah, I like to see my Windows 7 run things as fast as Windows 10 will, as DirectX12 will be of comparable performance likely, maybe marginally better giving them the benefit of the doubt.

I also doesn't see any real benefits with this new Benchmark.
I got 3Dmark fire strike, CineBench 15 and Unigine Heaven 4.0 on all of my pc and they work just fine, i don't need another benchmark

That's the thing, I like benchmarks. Particularly ones I get boints with at the bot. I see it's for API performance, but just can't attach much relevence to the numbers for some reason. I'll read more about it later. :)

Back