• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need advise on motherboard and CPU for every day use pc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ASUS ROG

I'm helping a friend build a pc for his everyday use pc, his requirement is the motherboard and CPU all together doesn't cost over $180.
Top end CPU and motherboard are easy to buy but low budget mobo and CPU, i have no idea what good and what not good :confused:
The guy already have the EVGA GTX760 and 8gb of RAM that i sell for him so he doesn't need an APU.
Thank in advance for help and suggestion.:salute:

I agree with the G3258. If you want to save on the MB you could get an H87 board. It will still overclock the G3258. And if you're not overclocking at all then definitely save the money and skip the Z board.

I agree with the G3258. If you want to save on the MB you could get an H87 board. It will still overclock the G3258. And if you're not overclocking at all then definitely save the money and skip the Z board.

Aren't most H boards still $90+?
I mean, these are $90 Z97 boards...

Could be... I dunno about the US, I'm in Canada and the Z boards are still quite a bit more. Z board > $150, H boards can be found for $100.

Newegg.ca has the boards I linked for $90-$100 AMIR...

Back