• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need case recommendation from Amazon

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ITAngel

Hey guys, I am looking into making a purchase on a case today in maybe less than 3 hours and wanted to get your guys recommendation. I am currently stuck with Corsair Graphite Series 760T Black. I was thinking black because of my Motherboard, and office theme seems to be red and black. What are your guys though about that case or any other you might recommend for me to take a look at. I think I want to say below $200 max on a PC case. Thanks!

yeah looks like that case doesn't have a lot of hard drive space and maybe I'm wrong I gotta double check but it looks pretty cool I still like the 760 T better but nice recommendation. Thank you

kids that I currently have is the Enermax fulmo advance.

yeah looks like that case doesn't have a lot of hard drive space and maybe I'm wrong I gotta double check but it looks pretty cool I still like the 760 T better but nice recommendation. Thank you

kids that I currently have is the Enermax fulmo advance.

Has room for 2x 3.5" and quite a few 2.5".

What about an NZXT Switch 810 or Source 530? Maybe one of the Phantom lineup?

Has room for 2x 3.5" and quite a few 2.5".

What about an NZXT Switch 810 or Source 530? Maybe one of the Phantom lineup?

I see, cool. I need at least several of those 3.5 drives haha. Reason I am thinking of updating my case is because is not only midsize but I feel I am limited with space. Being able to do a clean cable management, and most of all my fans are slowly failing. I lost so far 5x 120mm fans out of 10. Currently running 2 on front that one of them are starting to make noise. 2 on two and one on the rear which maybe is the one making noice. :D I was temped to buy some low costing fans in amazon, replace them and put that money instead of a high end full tower case into maybe a better keyboard than my old crappy LG curve or whatever is called. By the way great case selections you posted and my friend got one of those phatom cases for 119 the Red one.

Last edited:
The Phantoms are awesome cases :)
Just be sure to grab one of them that supports EATX, they come in a multitude of sizes :thup:

The Phantoms are awesome cases :)
Just be sure to grab one of them that supports EATX, they come in a multitude of sizes :thup:

I just saw a video on those Phantoms 630 and is like wow! you have a lot you can do with it.

I like my Corsair Obsidian 750D. Room for 6 3.5" drives and 4 2.5". Lots of room for fans, and a nice big side window to show off your parts with. Link.

Here's a pic of mine, comes with another cage for 3.5" drives.
WP_20150212_012[1].jpg

a case that appear very appealing with many features so far which I won't had think I would consider it would be the Cooler Master HAF XB. I might go that route. XD

If you like the desktop and cube style cases I'd recommend the Corsair air 540 or the Thermaltake core X9. The only issue I'd have with the HAF XB is limited water cooling. If you're going to stick to air cooling it would be a good option as well.

If you like the desktop and cube style cases I'd recommend the Corsair air 540 or the Thermaltake core X9. The only issue I'd have with the HAF XB is limited water cooling. If you're going to stick to air cooling it would be a good option as well.

Those seems to be pretty cool options. Out of the 3 which one you think is the best in your opinion, feature wise?

Can my motherboard fit on the Corsair Air 540?
https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/RAMPAGE_IV_BLACK_EDITION/specifications/ I think mine is a EATX just double checking with you guys. Also my graphic card MSI R9 290X Lightning.

Last edited:
That would depend more on your personal needs/tastes. There has been a lot of great feedback from the Air 540 and that's the one I would likely go with if I were to go cube.

That would depend more on your personal needs/tastes. There has been a lot of great feedback from the Air 540 and that's the one I would likely go with if I were to go cube.

I tell you what, one thing I do like is that it has a side panel which is one thing I want from any case. Also, it has hot swapable 3.5 drives. Also it has room for more solid states drives. Water cooling seem to be a good option here too later on and it looks nice and clean. One thing I don't like and I understand is the fact it has the motherboard on the side and with heavy air cooling and graphic cards I feel it put stress into the motherboard. However, that is what I use to think back then with most PC systems and maybe in today's day technology is completely a different story.

I see, nice is an EATX compatible so that will make it even better. I guess I have to choose a color to match my hardware or which color is best to have. XD The white go with my mouse, the black go with everything else I have in my studio.

I think I might be making my order on that Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 but debating now what color to get white or Black. XD: White is $119.99 and the Black is $125.99.

Back