• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD fX-4100 cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Haha yeah there was very mixed reviews for it and it does look fairly crap, what do you think to the dual fan one from ebay will it be any good for an FX 4100 running 3.6? and if so need to get it ordered, takes forever to get here, cheers

I need a cooler for this processor, bearing in mind I have a small case < WHAT case?

According to the list of specifications for the first cooler you listed it is using double or two 80mm fans for pushing and pulling air thru the fins. They also write in broken english that it should have the fans blowing out thru the rear of the case.

Overclocking any FX processor 4, 6 or 8 core is an exercise in CooLing. No cool no overclock. If you live in a hot climate country without A/C, then that makes the job of getting enough CooLing for an overclock even greater. I do not know of any $16.00Usd cpu coolers for overclocking FX processors. In a small, tight computer case the cooling demands are greater not less.

RGone...

....If you live in a hot climate country without A/C, then that makes the job of getting enough CooLing for an overclock even greater. ....RGone...

I think the op live in UK or some other country around there that why he's use £ instead of $ and he's list the cooler from a UK site :)

Yeah I am in the UK and the case isnt a gaming case at all it is just a ****ty old case that i got from an acer power f5 and i had a quick look to find specs for it then couldnt be bothered, I can fit roughly around a 140mm height cooler in and my flat is cold so it is the exact opposite to hot climate, and what do you mean about the fans? you want one to pull in and one to push out? or both pushing in?

140 mm is going to be tough to fit and upright cooler into. You may want to look for one of the C-Type coolers that lay down instead of stand up. He meant push pull configuration.

You may want to look for one of the C-Type coolers that lay down instead of stand up.

Yeah but since he does not want to spend any money > £12.98 < was more than he first mentioned...well there just are not "any" sort of 'good' coolers for that monies. At least not anything that I have seen or heard about.

RGone...

EDIT:
This claims to be no more than 125mm tall. But it likely is n0t cheap.
Noctua NH-U9B SE2 92mm SSO.
END EDIT.

Last edited:
After seeing what motherboard you are using that just reaffirms the fact that you should get the type of cooler I linked in the previous post. These FX CPU get very hot and they also pull a lot of power so that section beside the CPU socket with the squares, that's where the power comes from and is going to be working hard. Since there is no heatsink on it you WILL definitely need some air flow over it . The C-Type cooler does just that. I understand a budget I really do but I'm just trying to save you some heartache down the road.

how do the c types mount, the one you sent me and the thermatake i posted dont have the mounts for amd on them?

That one will mount to AM3 or atleast it says it does. You have to take the stock bracket off the board first and use the HW that comes with the cooler. The good C-Type cooler are usually more money still like 50 pounds. Just look through coolers where you normally shop and find one with 4 or more heatpipes and direct contact is also a bonus.

how about the zalman c type coolers, its all copper from the looks of it or the Xigmatek Apache III

Back