• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Booting Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Arnav

When i boot up my pc there is a black screen with a underscore for 2-3 secs so i want to disable it for a clean boot? i know it damages nothing but i want to diable it

That pause is while the BIOS is initializing devices, you won't get rid of it.

Yes, that's when it initializes devices.

And Usb devices plugged in cause the pause for initializing to be longer. 2, 3, and 4 hard drives and storage devices can make the pause longer. Raid mode enabled can/could cause a pause also with last minute looks before booting. NOT knowing which motherboard is in question, I have also seen boards that are almost overclocked 'too far' do the same thing.

But as for that pause and blinking cursor before going on to boot windows desktop...the board is having to look for and take into account something before booting. Just my board has blinking cursor for a few seconds, does not supply enough information to make much of a suggestion.

RGone...

Back