• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROJECT LOG PARVUM FORMULA (custom one-off Parvum S2.0)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

alexciobanu

4jyd3C2.png

Hey guys and welcome to my new build log, PARVUM FORMULA!

This is a special build I am doing for a mate of mine and I'm very excited to build in a Parvum case.

Thanks a lot to Primochill and Mod/Smart for offering to provide goodies for this build as well as Icemodz who have been very good to me for a while now. Parvum will also provide some custom accessories for the build.

Here are the SPECS:

Case: Custom Parvum Systems S2.0
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus VII Gene
CPU: Intel i7 4790K
GPU: ASUS STRIX GTX 970 SLI
RAM: 4 x 4GB G.Skill Trident X 2400Mhz
SSD: Crucial MX100 250GB SSD
HDD: Western Digital Green 3TB HDD
PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W G2 80+ Gold

Cables: Mod/Smart custom sleeved

Radiators: 2 x EK-CoolStream PE 240
Fans: 4 x NoiseBlocker PL-PS PWM 120mm fans, 2 x NoiseBlocker P-P PWM 80mm fans
Pump: Swiftech MCP35X with Bitspower top, pump casing and heatsink
Reservoir: Primochill CTR Phase II 120mm or 240mm Clear
Fittings: Primochill Rigid Revolver, Bitspower angle fittings
Tubing: Primochill Rigid PETG tubing clear
CPU Block: EK- Supremacy EVO Nickel Plexi clear
GPU Block: 2 x EK-FC970 GTX Strix Nickel Plexi, 2 x EK-FC970 GTX Strix Backplate
Coolant: EK Ekoolant Blood Red

Lighting: White Icemodz Custom LED Strips

Other: ModMyToys 4-Pin PWM Power Distribution PCBs, ASUS ROG SLI Bridge

The colour scheme of the build will be black, red, and grey. The case is reverse ATX with a nice windows on top and one in the back to show the SSD. I will also be doing some custom vinyl work on the case.

Here are the renders provided by the boys over at Parvum:

GuDtozA.jpg

azM2R0B.jpg

XNXAQPz.jpg

iKVGsxR.jpg

I do currently have the case though I am waiting for another panel before I can showcase it.

In the mean time here are some shots from Parvum while they were making the case :)

unzjtHF.jpg

VLVCNcH.jpg

rx0uFfO.jpg

6nyPE20.jpg

Hope you guys will enjoy this build log!

Cheers,

Alex

WAd6Kl7.png

Hey guys,

I know I haven't touched this build log for a while now but things should start picking up from here.

Here's the case :D

You can see all the inlays where I will be adding vinyl for detailing :D

NGDAqj9.jpg

JaFA1EC.jpg

d2NN8H3.jpg

f1pZUiq.jpg

qButDoJ.jpg

9waGreo.jpg

toNcRXz.jpg

iQQNBqv.jpg

I2BCiz6.jpg

First time putting together a Parvum case and first time seeing one and I gotta say I am very impressed.

The quality is top notch and the felling of getting the case flat packed and assembling it is just awesome and very easy to do.

It's a very unique and different looking case indeed and the boys over at Parvum have turned my paint drawings into a masterpiece.

Can't wait to start building in this case.

If guys are interested in a Parvum case, now is the time. With the launch of their ITX case the boys are offering a 20% discount store wide, so jump in while it's on :D.

QzIgjIN.jpg

Cheers,

Alex

Now that's a good looking case already :D

Thanks for the promo code too!
Damn shame I just finished building my own though. Those cases look great :-/

Cheers, yea Parvum cases are awesome. What case is your build in? :)
Haha take a look:
Custom wood case roughly based off of the Edelweiss case.
Was hoping the PSU's cables would reach through the hollow support column, but NOPE, they are too short :mad:
I was able to make the cables neater and tied them all up nicely though.
Improvements can be made later of course. ;)
DSC00914.JPG DSC00915.JPG DSC00913.JPG

WAd6Kl7.png

Hey guys,

Here are some more pics of the case and I also received the motherboard for the build.

QRu90IB.jpg

9SKQTfW.jpg

V4twjVh.jpg

BiyWz8m.jpg

XRRpXRi.jpg

gBcqWM3.jpg

5Yu9hUx.jpg

nxflEte.jpg

nZxQXak.jpg

OcQtIyQ.jpg

D6X32so.jpg

JCKhmqT.jpg

ywDNQdA.jpg

Have to do something about the upside down ROG logo with this reverse ATX layout.

4fBJhVV.jpg

However a big surprise was waiting underneath and seems like I can't just flip the existing badge as that will show this hole underneath.

AzrAv8K.jpg

So lucky for this case badge that came with the motherboard.

GKtfT54.jpg

All cleaned up, looking nice!

ks9HPNO.jpg

Thanks for checking it out!

Just to let you guys know that this build might be moving along pretty slowly as it all depends on my mate's budget in getting the rest of the components.

Cheers,

Alex

Nice call on the ROG badge. It's this attention to detail that's makes these builds special.

Looks very interesting. I searched the Edelweiss case, was a really nice mod :)
Haha thanks :)

I've never been a fan of store bought cases. Unique cases is what I love.
'tis why I love case mods like yours and mine. Though, your skills are greater than mine and the cases turn out much cleaner than mine lol.

Yes, indeed it was a good call on the ROG badge, did the badge come with that LED or is there an LED on the mobo already?

SP I believe the led's are part of the mobo and that's why there's an opening on the HS. The badge is just a red filter.

Nice call on the ROG badge. It's this attention to detail that's makes these builds special.

Haha thanks :)

I've never been a fan of store bought cases. Unique cases is what I love.
'tis why I love case mods like yours and mine. Though, your skills are greater than mine and the cases turn out much cleaner than mine lol.

Yes, indeed it was a good call on the ROG badge, did the badge come with that LED or is there an LED on the mobo already?

SP I believe the led's are part of the mobo and that's why there's an opening on the HS. The badge is just a red filter.

Thanks a lot guys. Yea good spotting about the LED, completely forgot about that. The hole completely makes sense now. Will have to see if it will still be visible through the badge, it is a bit thicker than the original one.

Will have to see if it will still be visible through the badge, it is a bit thicker than the original one.

I think even if the new badge were solid and didn't allow the light to shine through it'll look better than an up side down badge. IMO

I think even if the new badge were solid and didn't allow the light to shine through it'll look better than an up side down badge. IMO

Yea it definitely looks better this way. Even if the LED can't be seen anymore there will be LED strips inside the system anyways so it will light up nicely :)

WAd6Kl7.png

Hey guys,

Here's a quick look at the memory going into the system. 16GB of G.Skill Trident X 2400Mhz.

Those stickers will probably come off to make the memory fit in with the build a little bit more, it is a good looking kit though.

zfXVcrJ.jpg

hnPjsAZ.jpg

Zao3hHv.jpg

rtlO2gg.jpg

vqKiQY0.jpg

Love this view from the top window!

oKmb5EV.jpg

y4qgnU4.jpg

fQHR96R.jpg

Vinyl is on the way for this build so should get the vinyl work done pretty soon.

Cheers,

Alex

WAd6Kl7.png

Hey guys,

Here's another update on the Parvum Formula build!

A quick look at the fans and radiators going in the build. You can also see the inside layout of the build with most of the components in, very well thought out with not much wasted space. I love a case in which you can fill every corner!

zvPBXCi.jpg

vAJ7sxz.jpg

2 x 80mm fans for the back of the case!

2DULjNN.jpg

idUYY3e.jpg

zzrLREt.jpg

These radiators were purchased second hand, some mounting holes will need to be re-tapped. Think I'm gonna do all of them with an M4 thread.

9YrFrgG.jpg

I8YGLO3.jpg

Hb6nzBb.jpg

pfqqBLa.jpg

cSO91ng.jpg

J5IB1gp.jpg

cdtmZLv.jpg

I5Zn1Rd.jpg

fZGiiJg.jpg

rdH3jN4.jpg

vi43i78.jpg

Thanks for checking it out!