• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SSD poor perfomance

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OptyTrooper

I have a Kinston 60GB and when I got it about a month ago it was running PCMark XP test at around 180 but lately it's been around 100. All chipset drivers are up to date and so is firmware. I as using a Asus Formula before and now I'm on a P43Twins1600. Same with my 1133 Serverboard and KN8-DRE Tried ACHI, no improvement. Any tips on what the problem might be? Tell me if you need more info. Thanks.

I was getting poor performance from my 120's some time ago. I tried everything swapping cables, sata ports, secure erase and reinstall of OS with no change. I had to RMA the drives :-/

If it's not system drive then you can try to clean it with windows Diskpart command ( cmd , diskpart, select disk, clean all ).
Before that check if garbage collection is working. Simply connect disk to power cable but unplug SATA cable and keep it running like that for 30-40 mins. It should clean disk.

Back