• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EK Waterblocks Radiator Failure

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

perestrojka

Registered
So i'am in process of building my own watercooling rig, and i experiment daily with component placement and tubing connections.

Today this happened with http://www.ekwb.com/shop/radiators-fans-accessories/radiators/ek-coolstream-pe-360-triple.html this radiator

EK Coolstream PE 360 triple 120mm rad... i wonder what PE stands for ? Maybe " **** Equipment " :mad:

G1/4 distancer, as i think just popped out from my rad with barely no force used at all.

DEslPrg.jpg
ioKfimH.jpg
hQX07Pz.jpg
4rR4lBu.jpg
yrjnlnO.jpg

Also for the record, paintjob on that radiator is bull**** to be honest, 1st grader could do better paint job than this b-**** -_-

P.S.

For the notice, another fella of mine had EXACTLY the same problem with his rad few weeks ago, and his case is even smaller, enclosing components for like 1500 EUR. He is lucky enough that his PC wasn't working when this **** happened.....

WSfYvg8.jpg
GntMRNs.jpg
5EzPugk.jpg

He is waiting for like 18 days for them to resolve this, and everything he gets from them is: "we are still in process of resolving"

I can only say, be aware of new EK Watercooling radiators and products, as it seems their production quality became worse than ever...

Once - it is chance
Twice - it is coincidence
Third time - it is a pattern

Maybe you could use some super clue or some other type of glue that bond metal to metal to glue that G1/4 port back.
At for me, i have been using XSPC rad on all of my build and so far, they give me zero problem.

G1/4 distancer, as i think just popped out from my rad with barely no force used at all.

It is normal that the extender can be unscrewed. This way, if you need to remove the shroud around the radiator core, you can do it by unscrewing the 2 extenders and the small screws on both ends of the radiator.

You can simply screw the extender back in place.

As for the paint, this happen with almost every radiators brands. Even if i was really careful when installing my radiators in the past, I sometime had a few scratches on my rads too :(

I'm really sorry that you're angry at us and hope I can help you from within my power.

I dont see the huge issue? Paint the rad yourself. ANY rad you buy will lose the paint if you keep taking it apart. Honestly, i think your going overboard, way overboard.

I dont see the huge issue? Paint the rad yourself. ANY rad you buy will lose the paint if you keep taking it apart. Honestly, i think your going overboard, way overboard.

Agreed. EK parts are fine. I have an EK loop that has been in use for well over a year now without any problems. Sorry you had issues, but if it were such a huge problem to require that kind of a sensationalist warning, I think we would have heard about it outside your post by now.

I edited your topic title to be a little less...yelling, and more in line with what actually happened here. A radiator failed you, which it seems EK is addressing (thank Luc). It doesn't require a screaming warning to everybody that happens upon the water cooling section.

Well guys i know that this is distancer and clearly there is visible thread inside of rad and on the distancer itself, so 99.9% i'am sure that this thing is supposed to unscrew if needed, but as i said it just popped out...

And i have SS FL520 and Asus Sabertooth z97 in my system as most expensive components.... i would like to see you guys if this happened to you near that hardware ;)

The same goes for this fella of mine who had exactly the same issue, and his components are even more expensive, and as we all know, manufacturers don't cover water spillage over the components in their warranty statement.

And as i said, ( Luc, you are working for EKW ?? ) EKW is delaying resolution of my mate's problem for days, it is 18.th day now since he first contacted them...

Edit:

@ Pierre - no.. i don't want to paint it myself, for what i paid for at the first place ? 1st grader painjob, i would probably paint it better, with no surface sanding and primer coating, than this is painted.... As it seems to me, i paid 75% for that shiny metallic EK sticker on bot of the rad and 25% for radiator material, quality check and manufacturing cost...

.......Edit:mad: Pierre - no.. i don't want to paint it myself, for what i paid for at the first place ? 1st grader painjob, i would probably paint it better, with no surface sanding and primer coating, than this is painted.... As it seems to me, i paid 75% for that shiny metallic EK sticker on bot of the rad and 25% for radiator material, quality check and manufacturing cost...

this's broken English so i have no idea what you're saying :)

Back to your problem, you should have triple check the loop to make sure everything is secure, this's why custom water loop is not for children or impatient people.

Dude, read my first post thoroughly...

" So i'am in process of building my own water cooling rig, and i experiment daily with component placement and tubing connections. "

And to refer myself from #6th post, i was saying that i bought their radiator to use it, and as it seems you have to REPAIR it before usage, ooh yeah, and like Pierre said " Paint the rad yourself. ". Why on Earth would i want to buy something and then paint it because their work is obvious fail... As it seems, 50% of the retail price people pay is brand ( that shiny EK sticker ) and another 50% of the price goes into actual radiator manufacturing.

The point is i just wanted to warn people because this is 2nd fail on their radiator, and they KNOW about this and they DO NOTHING to solve this problem.

Last edited:
Wait wait wait, hold the phone.

Your blaming EK for having removable parts? On top of that, you are taking it apart constantly, which FYI it WASNT made for. Honestly, this is a case of lack of knowlagde meets impatients, and thats gathered from how you write your posts.

I have used many EK parts, and so far, only had issues with 90degree bends due to high watepressure, never had issues with any of the EK rads i have owned. I currently run Alphacool, and this may scare you, but paint has also chipped on those. Copper was never made to be painted on, ergo, paint wont stick to copper like paint does on other surfaces.

Get over it. Go buy the most expensive rad money can buy, and repeat this thread when your taking aprat/putting together has brought you to this same point.

EDIT:

@ Pierre - no.. i don't want to paint it myself, for what i paid for at the first place ? 1st grader painjob, i would probably paint it better, with no surface sanding and primer coating, than this is painted.... As it seems to me, i paid 75% for that shiny metallic EK sticker on bot of the rad and 25% for radiator material, quality check and manufacturing cost...

Point proven, you lack knowlagde.

Paint will CONTAIN heat, a rad is here to remove heat, hens the thin paint. Your going to get no simpathy here. Cos its all your own fault.

Dude, read my first post thoroughly...

" So i'am in process of building my own water cooling rig, and i experiment daily with component placement and tubing connections. "

And to refer myself from #6th post, i was saying that i bought their radiator to use it, and as it seems you have to REPAIR it before usage, ooh yeah, and like Pierre said " Paint the rad yourself. ". Why on Earth would i want to buy something and then paint it because their work is obvious fail... As it seems, 50% of the retail price people pay is brand ( that shiny EK sticker ) and another 50% of the price goes into actual radiator manufacturing.

The point is i just wanted to warn people because this is 2nd fail on their radiator, and they KNOW about this and they DO NOTHING to solve this problem.
Perhaps it was simply a bad batch of rads to your local brick and mortar? I mean you have 2 samples in your hand(s) with how many thousands that are sold??!

Anyway, I wouldn't worry so much about replying here to others as I would to actually talking to the EK rep that posted here that is willing to help you (both) out.........

Okay then, i'am lacking of knowledge and i'am impatient.

This is my fault and this dudes fault who got exactly the same problem.

Everything is fine, EK is the best in the world.

Mods can delete this thread, because G1/4 distancer dropped out ( thing didn't unscrewed, it popped out ) and this is due my lack of knowledge and impatience.

Sorry for disturbing you at all.

------------------------------------

"Point proven, you lack knowlagde.

Paint will CONTAIN heat, a rad is here to remove heat, hens the thin paint. Your going to get no simpathy here. Cos its all your own fault."

o_O I wasn't talking about paint chipping from the radiator core / fins, but from sides. And if you are so smart, you would know that these radiators have shroud around them ( which obviously isn't helping to dissipate heat... )

Okay then, i'am lacking of knowledge and i'am impatient.

This is my fault and this dudes fault who got exactly the same problem.

Everything is fine, EK is the best in the world.

Mods can delete this thread, because G1/4 distancer fall out ( thing didn't unscrewed, it popped out ) and this is due my lack of knowledge and impatience.

Sorry for disturbing you at all.

You have been taking it apart, you have said this. Losening it, will also losen it below. Belox being the spacer, its got the washer, screw it in, and move on! Jesus. It aint broke!

And because others dont know stuff and complain about it, dont make it any more of a fault. Its the design, like said before, ITS MENT TO BE ABLE TO COME APART!

You have been taking it apart, you have said this. Losening it, will also losen it below. Belox being the spacer, its got the washer, screw it in, and move on! Jesus. It aint broke!

And because others dont know stuff and complain about it, dont make it any more of a fault. Its the design, like said before, ITS MENT TO BE ABLE TO COME APART!

You mean UNSCREW apart, not to POP OUT ? Right ?

We don't delete threads... sorry.

Point is, as I said already, talk to the EK rep and not those replying who can't actually help you. I agree with you that should not have happened, but there are better ways to get your point across. See Hokie's post earlier in the thread...

Anyway, deal with the EK rep and let us know the resolution.

Well guys i know that this is distancer and clearly there is visible thread inside of rad and on the distancer itself, so 99.9% i'am sure that this thing is supposed to unscrew if needed, but as i said it just popped out...

And i have SS FL520 and Asus Sabertooth z97 in my system as most expensive components.... i would like to see you guys if this happened to you near that hardware ;)

The same goes for this fella of mine who had exactly the same issue, and his components are even more expensive, and as we all know, manufacturers don't cover water spillage over the components in their warranty statement.

And as i said, ( Luc, you are working for EKW ?? ) EKW is delaying resolution of my mate's problem for days, it is 18.th day now since he first contacted them...

Edit:

Yes I work for them. I'm there forum support rep. Since your friend is in discussion with EK via a ticket he probably opened on our website I can't know what's going on there since I don't handle this process.

About your problem, you're telling me that it popped out??? So this must mean that threads on the extender or on the radiator must be damage and from the look of yours on your pictures, they both look ok.

First, 2 of my rigs have PE radiators in it and a 3rd one will soon be equipped with a PE too and I never had this issue and I must admit that it's the first this kind of issue comes to me and i'm on a bunch of forums.

Second, regarding what I supersized and bolded, do you care to provide me proofs that WE KNOW and that WE DO NOTHING before saying that??

@ EK Luc: i think the op is just angry and frustrated, i don't use EK stuff but i saw a lot of water cool pc at LAN event that use EK product(i go to a lot of LAN party) i can tell you that EK have make some very good quality water cooling components.

@Pierre3400: +1 for paint radiator bro, i got this rad for almost 5 year now, i torture this XSPC rad to hell, sometime i use it at paper weight too and yet, it still look almost new :)

DSCN2457.JPG

Luc, lets go on pm so we can communicate on our native languages ( after we solve this out, we can inform community with results )

Last edited:
Luc, lets go on pm so we can communicate on our native languages ( after we solve this out, we can inform community with results )

Sorry I can't answer your PM because I don't know that language. I'm from Canada so for me it's either english or french.

Back