• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Deliding a 4770K

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Techjesse

Time to delid this 4770K :D
4770K.jpg
I used this vise
vice.jpg
After a POP :D
delidding 4770K.jpg
Cleaned up now for some finger nail polish :clap:
finger polish.jpg
Protection :D
Protection.jpg
Installed and TIMed
TIM-It.jpg
Lets Test it :clap: Max Temp 56c at 4.2GHz
Max tenp 56c Delided 4770K WC.PNG
COOL Running :D 4770K Water Cooled :clap:
EK Supremacy EVO Universal CPU Liquid Cooling Block - Acetal CSQ (EK-Supremacy EVO - Acetal (Original CSQ))
Monsoon Series Two Premium D5 / MCP655 Dual Bay Reservoir w/Quick Change LED Control - Matte Black w/Red Trim (M2-D5P-RD)
EK Ultimate Performance CoolStream 240 XTX Series Liquid Cooling Radiator (EK-CoolStream RAD XTX (240))
PrimoChill PrimoFlex Advanced LRT Tubing 7/16"ID x 5/8" OD - 10ft Retail Pack - Bloodshed Red (PFLEXA10-758-R) w/ Free Sys Prep
CM Storm Trooper - Gaming Full Tower Computer Case with Handle and External 2.5" Drive Dock with Side Panel Window
Mount it.jpg complete it.jpg
YEAH! :cool:

Never thought about that nail polish as coating for the resistors. I might have to try that on mine next time I redo the TIM. Nice job! ;)

What TIM did you use under the IHS TJ?

Never thought about that nail polish as coating for the resistors. I might have to try that on mine next time I redo the TIM. Nice job! ;)
You have too see the look I get from my wife when I ask to borrow her clean nail polish, when I'm insulating for DICE on my motherboards Nebulous. :D

I used Jetart CK4800 Nano Diamond under the IHS and Antec Formula 6 Nano Diamond on top :)

It's funny Mandrake, when I OC to 4.5GHz, I hit 60c when running a benchmark or gaming. When I OC over 4.6GHz, temps sky rocket hitting 90c fast. With the Nano Diamond I'm seeing some good results yet I would like a few degree's lower, I'll buy some Liquid Ultra and give it a shot. :)
The original temps have dropped 2c-18c depending on the OC i run, 4.4GHz at 1.28v is the sweet spot, with temps in the safe range, benching for fun and gaming. :)

Last edited:
Nothing funny about these 4770k's they're beasts to keep cool when Oced. I have an especially good space heater of my own, I can't go higher then 4.4 @ 1.23 Cpu V even on a full custom loop due to heat. The voltage needed for 4.5 sends my temps above 100c when stress testing. You'll likely see better temps with Liquid Ultra but nothing huge.

LOL I've been tempted to do that Witchy! Though when I have cold H2O on mine it does quite well. Well see how it handles real cold on the 15th :D

The naked kit states it is for the EK Supremacy block doe it work for all CPU Blocks or is it hit and miss.

I would say use the EK Supremacy.
Know a lot of guys who have had great results with it and this kit

I hear you Mandrake, better to have the IHS for cold :)

Thanks but I can't see me doing that. I have enough extra parts laying around without adding a brand new water block to the list.

Yes TJ I actually posted in that thread. I think I'm going to take my 4770k cold this month and see what it will do. I have had mine to 5.3 2c Cpu-Z, and ran Sp 32m at 5250 on -6c water. I'm hoping DICE will give me a few more Mhz.

D.I.C.E. will tame these hot running 4770K's, I used a Koolance CPU-LN2 V2 pot :D
Cool Benching.jpg
What D.I.C.E. pot are you going to use Mandrake? Will you post pics and results? I'm going to make a subzero run very soon also. Good luck in your cold endeavor, I hope to see new personal best from your 4770K :clap: YEAH!

I have a Duniek pot, my first round was running my Sempy on it, here. I was actually going to put a Fx 8120 I just bought under it today but the DICE store 5 min away was out of DICE till tomorrow. So I hope they'll have time to do some runs tomorrow. I'm definitely going to do some runs on the 4770k for the Overclocktagon 3D 03 comp. That should be fun, though I think I'm going to need a big dawg Gpu also. The 780 I have is good but even with +500 core clocks can't compete with the 980's.

Back