• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help With Liquid Cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Krazlus

Registered
Hello guys so i plan on getting a custom pc with the parts listed below but was wondering how the NZXT Kraken X41 works because in the pictures is doesn't seem to have a little container for the liquid, Any help solving this would be great :D

Case - NZXT Source 340
Fans - Maximum 120MM Color Case Cooling Fans
Noise Reduction - Anti Vibration Fan Mounts
CPU - AMD FX-8350 4.00 GHz Eight-Core
CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X41 140mm Liquid Cooling Dual Standard Fans
MOBO - ASRock Fatal1ty 970 Performance AMD 970 ATX
Ram - 8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/2133MHz Dual Channel Memory G Skill Ripjaws X
GPU - AMD Radeon R9 290 4GB GDDR5
PSU - 600 Watts - Corsair CX600M CX Series
HDD - 1TB Western Digital Caviar Blue
SDD - 120GB Kingston SSDNow V300 Series
HD Cooling - Vigor iSURF II Hard Disk Drive Cooling System x2
OS - Windows 8.1 64 bit

The sealed water coolers like the X41 don't need a reservoir.
Also, with the 8-core chip, step up to the X61. You'll need the extra radiator size to deal with the heat.

I'm getting from cyberpowerpc they dont have a X61 only the X41, How about the 240mm Corsair Hydro H110 or 240mm Asetek 570LXL?

Just build yourself, you'll save a ton of money and you can get what you want

I have never build a computer before and i don't feel like messing anything up, I'm ordering it from cyberpowerpc and then im gonna order parts to build about 400 dollar back up pc.

I have never build a computer before and i don't feel like messing anything up, I'm ordering it from cyberpowerpc and then im gonna order parts to build about 400 dollar back up pc.

It's so easy to do, even the first time. There are tons of guides out there and we'll be glad to help you through it.
Please, don't waste money.

Its easy... there are videos all over you tube on how to build a PC. Check them out! We will of course help too!

What is weird is you are willing to build a custom water loop out of the gate, but not build a PC. The water loop is clearly the most dangerous of the two activities for someone that is 'new'.

Personally, build it your own... grab an AIO cooler... then when you want to go custom water, do it. But if you can't/dont want to build your PC, IMO, you shouldn't be doing water cooling on it either.

Back