• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is there a utility or program that allows you to control 2 monitors

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eaglepi

I have a dual monitor system and have had it for several years. One is a Samsung and the other is a Westinghouse . My issue isn't a major problem but it would be nice if I could find something that did what I need it to do.

At night I set my screensaver to black so both monitors have a dark (black) screen, I can get both even close messing with the buttons on each monitor. another issue is if I open for example a email that I want to type, if I move it so half is on one monitor and the other half on the first monitor I can see a huge difference in the color white.
I have gotten use to the issues and as long as I work on each one alone it's OK Not perfect but OK

I've been looking at some utilities like pinstrip but I think it is more of a utility that overclocks the graphics card.

If I could find one that just allows me to match the colors or temps of each monitor I think that might do it for me. My problem is searching for these utilities I always find something that does way more than I need.

Any Suggestions????

chances are they arent gonna match as they are likely different pannels, i have the same issues could only get it sort of close but not very.

I have tried many times but can't get it where I wanted them that is why I asked my question.

If you can't get it with the monitor settings it's highly unlikely that software will get it there either.

Even a hardware colorimeter for monitors cannot color match 2 different panels. It can get it close, but there will always be some noticeable difference if you are trying to get an exact match.

Buy matching monitors is the 'right' answer here as there will not be a 'perfect'.

Yes Earth Dog that could be an option but I've read that 2 same monitors bought at the same time can have problems matching settings from one monitor to another. So I guess I will just have to deal with it, I have been dealing with it for several years, I was just wondering if there were something I was unaware of that might help me.

Thanks for your reply

They could, absolutely. However, since it's the same exact model/panel, the chances are much greater than with different models. ;)

If you're really wanting to match, buy monitors that are factory color calibrated of the same model the next time around.

My 3x U2414H monitors are near identical to each other :)

Back