• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Removing warranty sticker

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

weare00

Hello, i have a Gainward GTX 970.
It has a warranty sticker on one of the screw, i want to hear if anybody have had any luck removing it.
Thx :) have anice day!

They're easy to remove...
I'm assuming you want to know about the warranty status after removing the sticker?

I wanted to know if you could remove it without voiding the warranty.
No. The sticker that says "warranty void if removed" will void your warranty if the sticker is removed or damaged.

No. The sticker that says "warranty void if removed" will void your warranty if the sticker is removed or damaged.

This raises a question for me though. Not to hijack since it's the same subject. The Strix that I have has a sticker on a screw but doesn't say void if removed. It's just a white sticker with a red circle. Does that still result in the same?

This raises a question for me though. Not to hijack since it's the same subject. The Strix that I have has a sticker on a screw but doesn't say void if removed. It's just a white sticker with a red circle. Does that still result in the same?
I can't think of another reason they would put a sticker over a screw. :shrug:

MSI puts stickers on their screws but IIRC from reading posts by people who've removed their coolers it doesn't automatically void the warranty unless you do something truly dumb like crack the core with an aftermarket GPU cooler (I have done this). ASUS probably has a similar clause but I'd check with their support for confirmation.

Back